The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best time to add nic

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by nitricacid, Jun 13, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nitricacid

nitricacid Full Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Jerzey
    I usually make 500ml batches and add the nicotine after the steep and on a per use, 30ml of juice at a time.
    Any benefit to the way im doing it?
    Or should i just add the nic during the making process and be done with it.

2. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I think that the rest of the batch will hold up longer, as the nicotine in the mix starts oxidizing once it's added. I have a bunch of premix liquids I keep in the fridge at 0mg for that reason, adding nic when I put them into use.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Do what works for you.
    I mix flavored 6mg, 1000mls at a time, to be used within 3-4 months.
    Haven't noticed any harshness if used within in that time.
    Kept in a cool dark drawer.
    My base is mixed once a year then put back in the freezer after mixing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Do what works for you.

I mix 500ml at a time, nic being the first thing in the process- Nic (3mg generally), Flavor(s)/sweetner, PG and then VG. 30/70 PG/VG, and after a vigous shake, it's placed in a drawer or cabinet for the next however long till use.

I've got 7 500ml bottles in the drawer right now, maybe 4 in the cabinet with a few 250's from 3+ years ago. All are perfectly fine.

While about 4 of the larger bottles are made at least twice a year (or even monthly), everything gets used at least twice in the year and that verifies that they are good to go as far as oxidation, flavor and look.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    I mix 400ml with 6mg of nic of my all day vape juice at a time. I keep it at room temp. It takes 40-50 days to finish it. I detect no harshness of the vape or darkening of the juice toward the end of the bottle (it's clear juice so it's easy to detect if it gets darker over time).

But there are multiple factors that will dictate if your juice will get harsh or dark over time and how long it will take, so what happens with my juice may not be your experience.

So the best answer has already been given...do what works for you and your juices.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Well, I really cant add to the excellent advice and examples given already. It's one of those questions where there isn't really a right or wrong answer. Everyone does things differently and it works anyway. I do 120ml batches once every other week and I use mine as soon as I get done shaking it. Steeps as I use it and I'm happy as a coyote in the henhouse that way.

7. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
  8. vaper1960

vaper1960 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I mostly do small batches but since you do 500 ml at one time, that does make sense. Mostly, keep in mind it's oxygen that is bad for nic. The less you open/mess with your juice the better. Might want to keep that juice in the fridge (no need to freeze it... but if you can, freeze the nic concentrate) One thing I really like about your method is it gives you the option of choosing how much nic to add (depending on which device/tank you are using)

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.