Best VW/VV mod, or DIY box? (Carbon Fiber)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys I've been playing around alot with carbon fiber for my Toyota Supra, and I have alot of this laying around.
Carbon Fiber Epoxy Resin Kit 2x2 Twill 50'' with 12 oz Resin | eBay (Carbon Fiber :D)

I was wondering what you guys think is the best bang for your buck for a regulated mod? If I can't find one I like better than my Vamo V5, I'll most likely make my own box since I can get a nice down-regulated high power setup for cheap, and unique/tough/good-looking. I've had my eye on the KSD KMAX's, they are pretty sweet in brass, and I like the big screen they have, finally an expensive regulated mod where you get a screen to match the dollars! (*cough* provari, JK :p). I'm really into the idea of making my own box though, and I've been doing alot of research into the DIY parts/chips/screens, and I have quite a bit of electrical experience to boot anyway.

-What do you guys think? Pre-made, or homemade?

(I'm thinking about throwing on some diamond plate on the edges of the carbon-fiber box if I make it, to kinda give it that "automotive" look :p)
View attachment 315223 View attachment 315227 View attachment 315228
My homemade box will look alot like ^^this, only with diamond plate instead of the flate sheet-metal,and I have alot of this octagon sheet metal to creatively jazz it up with too (I'm thinking about making my initials with it or something). I'm quite the craftsman with the carbon fiber now that I've been fabricating my car parts with it lately, so it'll look as neat as that picture above, maybe even neater/with a "grip" shape to it.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
DIY. I think it would look cool. If you have to time and desire to do the project, you would have a unique mod for much less then you could buy one for. Check out the battery mod sub forum. Lots of ideas and info.
-Dirk
Thanks will do Dirk, I'm seriously leaning on doing it myself because like you said it'll be more cost-effective, and definitely more fun, plus I gotta use this carbon fiber somehow :p. I figured if someone convinced me of an awesome mod, I could always wrap some carbon fiber around it to jazz it up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread