Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I use an air controller on a spotty basis and it adds another quarter inch to the length, plus the air controller ring tightens too easily cutting off the draw. I've had a V1 since January and a V2 since March and use them both daily using 510 tanks and T3s on both, the V1 with a 510/Ego adapter. I have had no problems with the threads or silicon washer under the center pin with either one. I think the key is to just "finger tighten" rather than crank things down tight, it's an APV, not motor mounts on a 3000hp dragster.

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
I have a V2 and a V3 - I use a protank on the V2 - I attached a 510/ego connector to the V2 over the weekend but it increases the height and the beauty ring did not sit against the tank - I finally pulled the adapter and just went back to the Protank - I have a PT2 on the V3 and it is fine - I just am careful when tightening the tanks - looking at some ego threaded tanks but their capacity is usuall smaller than what I like - as filling more often is not always convenient.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The thing I don't like about the air controller I have is that the center pin in it seems a little too long. The result is if I tighten the delivery device down too hard it puts additional pressure on the Vamo center pin, something I try to avoid. Between that and the air control ring being too easy to turn, resulting in no air flow when I least expect it, I do wonder if there is any advantage to it at all. Incidentally, I bought the air controller from a reputable vendor and kind of expected something a lot better.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Personally I am a fan of the Air Controller if only to protect the Vamo threads. I change tanks multiple times an hour between several different flavors. The Air Controller always remains on my Vamo 24/7 and I only take it off periodically to clean things up. Another thing I like about it is that it is leak proof. Any juice inadvertently leaking from a tank or carto cannot leak down into the Vamo connection. The slight wobble of a tank or the slight space between the controller and the Vamo are downsides I have been able to live with. As Awsum knows, I have a Vamo V5 coming from China and I hope I may not have to use the Air Controller.

Best Wishes
The Wabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread