Big Problem with Joyetech Ocular C

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingclip

May 24, 2020
Hi folks,
I bought this unit about two weeks ago and have fried my .5 Ohm coils left and right because the thing won't stay locked. I know there's a thread about that problem and I saw that Mr. Ricks suggested updating the firmware to 1.04.

My software version is 1.03 and I've tried to upgrade that software since day one. Regardless of every direct attempt (through their website), and indirect attempt, (such as joyetech links inserted in various forum posts), I keep getting this message when I try to get the update:
"Access to www.joyetech.com was deniedYou don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403
"

I contacted Joyetech through their "contact us" info the same day I got the unit and they have never replied. Of course, I've registered the unit and even confirmed its authenticity with that scratch-off serial number. I'm also registered in their website.

I don't know how effective the upgrade is but I'm willing to try it. However, because I have that 403 error I can't get it through normal channels. Would someone please PM me and attach the 1.04 update for the Ocular C?

I have the Windows 7 64bit O/S and it's possible that Joyetech's system does that '403 thing' because Windows 7 is no longer supported by MS. Still, if I can get the update, I think I can install it (even if it's for Windows 10).

Unfortunately, I got very busy in an unforeseen (and unrelated), problem that took all my attention and I'm only now able to take a moment to see if anyone has a solution to this terrible unlocking issue.

As for that "403" problem, I just don't have the time to try to figure that one out. I already made attempts by placing Joyetech in my "Allow" list of websites to make sure that it wasn't my systems security causing the trouble.

I'd rather not pursue a solution to that particular problem anymore because it's already taken several days of my time. If I can get the update, then I should be good and if it doesn't stop unlocking, then I'm hoping I can cover the screen with masking tape or something like that.
Thank you,
Rich

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

wingclip

May 24, 2020
Thank you Mightymen! I have downloaded and successfully installed the firmware update. The unit is now running with version 1.04 and I don't know how sensitive the lock/unlock function is but I should know soon enough.

Before the update, I would have at least 3 to 5 'accidental unlocks' everyday. Therefore, I'll be able to gauge how well the update worked based on that statistic.
Thanks again,
Rich:rickroll:
PS, LOL, I just love that silly dancer, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread