Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Cheers all...
Its been a bit since I've dropped by.
As more & more Bitcoin Atm's arrive on the planet,
I dropped by to see if there's suppliers listed by payment method?
June 2015..I still see reviews Positive & Negative,
Suppliers by county.
How many still buy online compared to Brick&Mortar?
I notice a big difference between Asia & USA in crypto currency use too but
was delighted to see US online vendors accepting BTC.

Oh btw I dont have any "relationship" to any vendors or cryptocurrency just observing

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Bitcoin? I thought apple-pay put that out of its misery.

I have never seen a vendor that states they accept Bitcoin either online or B&M so can't help you, sorry. If you have stock in Bitcoin my suggestion is sell... with the prevalence of being able to tie apps on any smart device to any bank account I don't see how it can survive but maybe I just don't get it.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Thanks...I have to hesitate in the mention of Bitcoin here; since 2011 when I saw:

"Has anyone used Bitcoin yet to pay for anything to do with ecigs ? = Bitcoin - Open source P2P money"

the thread sadly deteriorated quickly into a political venting, freedom of speech arena.
The issue for too many members became a difficult "challenge" to stay on point.

I personally do purchase from vendors who accept bitcoin. I am not going into anything tangent and view the question in the same exact vein as "do you know any vendors who accept the Slate Credit card".

IWho loves or hates the "currency" want the question.

Thank you kindly for those that are able to answer.

Perhaps the lounge, or political "subs" are best for debates "pro vs con".

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
btw, the second part of my thread asked;
"How many buy online, vs.at a B& M location?"

Im thinking this could be a separate poll perhaps.

Answering myself-
I have 2 homes- the rural one requires online purchases deliverable to P.O.Boxes as there's no available
street/home delivery (or few at any rate).
When In the "City"...I still choose to keep some online ordering going;
and find my visits to the B&M a wonderful treat affording the opportunity to taste new flavors, discuss
political actions, tastes products, and so forth.

How about the rest of you?

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I guess maybe bitcoin is more well-known by techies and urban critters. And first adopters of Second Life - which started the concept, didn't it? (I think it was called second life, might have been something similar). I've never seen a bitcoin ATM, but, otoh, 35 years ago, I'd never seen an ATM of any kind! I can understand why it could be popular in the EU, with countries and currency undergoing varying degrees of stability as they tend to do. But I prefer the layers of protection provided by a major card separated from any account. Don't trust Google or Apple one bit, either. And if bitcoin has gone ATM, then all the whateveryouwanttocallit - privacy? is out the window anyway, so it's not holding much attraction for me at the moment as a form of currency. The last world currency that will ever collapse will be the almighty US dollar, so I personally prefer to stay with that, instead of what I perceive as some electronic pretend money that can vaporize in the blink of an eye and is supposedly outside regulatory oversight.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I would love to support local shops but I can't see paying $50 for an istick 30 just pump life into the local community

I'm the same way... I got my very first setup at a local store, and that was the last piece of hardware I bought from them. They have a Sigeli 100w+ for $165USD... NOPE.

I still buy juice from them though as the prices are fair (calculating shipping, and wait time). Maybe $1-3 more than online.

Reactions: Rabbit Slayer

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I'm the same way... I got my very first setup at a local store, and that was the last piece of hardware I bought from them. They have a Sigeli 100w+ for $165USD... NOPE.

It's just too hard to justify paying double. I understand B&Ms need to markup but if the shop pays exactly what we pay online for the products the markup is over 100% in many cases.

Reactions: Liskrig

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Yeah, paying $15 an ounce for juice is a bit high but you get it NOW and you are usually getting juice that needs no time to steep, it is good to go, that's a huge plus

I do usually grab a bottle of juice or two when I stop in a shop just to support the local community. The problem is that I usually go in with the intent to spend a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread