Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I won one in a recent competition (thank you @dovpo_hannah ) and it seemed fair to give it a review. This is in my mind the most effective marketing that can be done on ECF. Give away product, and if it's good it gets a good review leading to expanded sales.

The fit and finish is superb and aesthetically I thinks it's really nice. I didn't pick the metallic blue but I'm glad it's what I got. Reminds me of old die-cast toys or a high end climbing carabinas. Straight glass gives you 2ml, bubble glass gives you 4ml capacity. A mustard coloured PCTG bubble 'glass' is also included (yuck). The colour-matched metal banded 810 driptip is really comfortable and looks sick. The top and bottom knurling is (intentionally) reminiscent of a bottle cap. The top fill cap is a simple quarter twist and lock.

The floating style build deck relatively easy to build on if using large exotic coils, though it was a little fiddly with a 26G roundwire build. The deck is has a native capacity for both single and dual coil builds. The screws are flat-head grubs which I love, hate those strip-prone hex grubs. The holes are of a post-less style meaning that you need to pre-cut the legs to the correct length.

The airflow control ring is simple and easy to control, wide open is still a restricted MTL. But that suits me fine as that's what I like and also most likely contributes to the excellent flavour production. The airflow is smooth as a babies bum with no turbulence, a deal breaker for me.
The airflow is from below and the side towers giving what is described as 242 degree coverage. This results in the best flavour I have had from an rta, on par with the my favourite rda.

As well as baggy of the usual extras, you get a skull shaped bottle open come coil leg length coil. I found that it measured the legs way too long, but opened beer bottles a treat.

Cons -
  • None
Pros -
  • Stellar flavour
  • Looks mint
  • Buttery Smooth airflow
  • Good price point (£25-30)
Conclusion - If a good looking reasonably priced restricted MTL flavourful RTA is what you are looking for, buy this one.

fzo3EwI.jpg

fWgZOkm.png

r0svv3Z.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
You mention restricted mtl. Is that what you meant
Or a restricted dL? Just double checking. Thanks. Does it come with a 510 or 810 base.
Bugger, yes DTL. Now I cannot edit it either, apologies.
510, 8210, do you mean the drip tip size?

Oh one other question- have you tried the regular Blotto it just the mini? Thanks
Only the mini

Do you like it well enough to purchase another?
Not sure. I'm still experimenting with different coils and tweaking the wicking techniques. I will be sure to add more updates to this thread as I progress.

So far the main thing is the height of the deck from the juice channels. Just a few fractions of a mm difference in wick length is the difference between dry hit and saturated. This cannot be mitigated by mounting the coil too low, or they do not then get optimal airflow from the side towers.

The bubble glass is the way to go. With the regular glass you only get 2ml which is not much use. Also using the regular glass barely leaves enough space for the juice to get past to the base, it's a very tight fit.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I've been running 26G round wire spaced coils and I just can't get the vape I want, it's either anaemic or burnt.
I've put some single core 26/32 claptons in and it's come to life. Nice warm plumes and not a dry hit in site, and I'm running them at 15 watts less than the round wire coils. The design of the deck and airflow seems to favour higher mass/heatflux coils which pack out the space in the chamber.
I'm still using as shorter wicks as I can get away with.

@beckah54 yes I would buy another one.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I got my Blotto Mini yesterday and slapped two N80 Clapton coils in it. Flavor was okay. I went and watched some videos on it and saw everyone was putting a single 3mm coil in theirs, so I went back and took out the dual setups and popped in a single coil. Man, this thing became a flavor banger! I am impressed. I always use dual coils and I think this may be the first time I have used a single coil in years.. I am really digging it.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
The bubble glass is the way to go. With the regular glass you only get 2ml which is not much use.
I think the manufacturers are well aware that 2ml tanks are useless, but if they haven't produced their attys in that capacity they couldn't legally distribute in Europe. Some UK vendors I ordered from added a free bubble glass to the kits I bought, for example evolution vaping

STANISLAV PIROUTEK

Jul 27, 2020
Česko
I think the manufacturers are well aware that 2ml tanks are useless, but if they haven't produced their attys in that capacity they couldn't legally distribute in Europe. Some UK vendors I ordered from added a free bubble glass to the kits I bought, for example evolution vaping

well, here in Czech rep. the sellers just add sign - not for nicotine use - whenever tank is more than 2ml. problem solved :thumbs:

Reactions: sonicbomb

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Why do you consider 2ml tanks useless, since I don't Vape 10ml + a day. So capacity wise I find them useful. Also I think they're excellent for tasting new ejuice. So I'm currious to hear your technical critiques of the 2ml tanks?

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
This RTA has been my daily driver for a year now. It took a while to fine tune it, but now I have I consider it to be a winner.
Despite being used every day it still looks like new and is performing flawlessly. Well played Dovpo.

For what it's worth I found that single core 26/32 claptons at about 50 watts work best for me in this device.

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread