*BLU* Vaporizer/E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigelty

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Long Island
Hello all. Long time since I've posted on here. Still not smoking and happily using the e-cig/pv. After next month, I will be a non-smoker for 6 months---the longest record for me and still going strong! Who-hoo!

Anyway, I started using the brand, "Blu" electronic cigarettes.

My review is Blu rules! It's so good!

Flavor, throat hit, size are great. Vapor production is excellent. They are all-American and use Johnson Creek liquid which contains no PG (only USP grade glycerin). I'm pretty happy with this brand.

Has anyone else had a positive experience with Blu?

brittanyNI

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2011
New England
It's a very well thought-out product. I got a Blu back in May of 2009; not as a product to assist quitting smoking, but more as a stand-in for smoking on some upcoming trips.

The standard Blu package comes with a charging case, two batteries and (back then), two atomizers and five cartridges. Now they offer cartridges/cartomizers instead which are an improvement. It also comes with a USB charger, USB wall adapter and a charging cable for the charging case.

Basically, it comes with everything you need, all from one source for one price. And it just plain works right out of the box.

For my intended purpose of travel, the Blu is absolutely perfect. As long as the batteries aren't connected to the cartridge (because if you leave them connected they run down from movement, especially if you put an assembled cig in your pocket), you can slip a couple of batteries in a pocket along with a cartridge and you are prepared.

Though I am not a fan of their flavors so much, the fact is that they deliver good vapor, good throat hit and work well.

I am overall a fan of their product and think it is well thought-out.

However, I only use the Blu for my carry-on for travel. There are three reasons; two related to the Blu product itself and one related to aesthetics.

I prefer to vape menthol flavors and the menthol cartridges I have taste like coffee instead; which I can't stand. Their original (cartridge based) Magnificent Menthol really was magnificent. Whether it is an error or not I don't know, but the two packs of Magnificent Menthol cartomizers I got ... well, I just don't like. They'll do in a pinch.

Second, the battery life is horrible. The tiny 90maH batteries need to be recharged constantly. The charging case comes in handy, but I found I needed to order a third battery &c.

Third, though the Blu sizing is fantastic for being sneaky; it doesn't meet my aesthetic requirements for other times. I was never a person who smoked just to smoke; for me it was a fashion accessory. The Blu just isn't long enough and it furthermore doesn't offer enough color options to color coordinate with my wardrobe. vaping allows me to exploit the visual cues of smoking but at reduced levels of harm.

So my overall impression of the Blu is positive. It is a well thought out and well packaged product that works simply right out of the box. It works as advertised. I have it for travel purposes for when I want to be sneaky.

However I do not like the cartridge flavors, and I do not like the short battery life. The charging case helps to correct for the deficiency in battery life, though. Furthermore though I like the slim profile, it isn't long enough for the aesthetic of my accessorizing and lacks adequate color choices. I'm sure this latter point is not important to most people though.

So I give the Blu 4 stars out of 5, because it is so well executed and works well.

Femputer

Jul 4, 2011
united states
Blu was my first e cig. The only flavor I liked was cherry and it only takes a few days for me to get sick of it. Every other flavor tastes like coffee. I think the other flavors taste more like coffee than the coffee flavor does lol. The cartridges seem to go bad or stale after a week or so so it wasn't practical to buy a whole bunch at once. Tried to refill them and that didn't work out so well so gave up on that. The battery on it took awhile to get used to all the charging I had to do but if you get in the proper cycle its manageable.

I would say that it is not a bad e cig as every single one I've had has given me problems! Everyone has its pros and cons.

The good points of it is that it has never broken or leaked. I've had cartridges come that didn't work at all, but the basic kit itself has never broken. It gives decent vapor and it is light. I can have it hang out the side of my mouth while i clean the house or play video games. Overall not bad and if i were to travel in a plane or something I would bring my blue, since it looks more like a cigarette. I think it's like my gateway e cig because it was my first and now I just keep searching for something better!

darkhawk151

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
i bought the blu about 2 weeks ago. i was pretty excited when i got it because i used it about a year ago and it gave me a great buzz and i thought it was pretty neat. you use to be able to open the cartridge and expose the juice to the atomizer but they have changed it. and apparently now you cant refill them. i find that the vapor production really lacks. though i havent smoked any other e cig, i just feel it should be a lot better. sometimes you get a nice amount other times its practically nothing. i have to take about three drags to get a decent amount and by that time the battery shuts off due to overuse. and after about 15 minutes of vaping the battery is dead. i think it takes longer to charge it than to use it. its a nice concept. i love the way they look, and the pack that holds your carts and your batteries. the tobacco flavor, i thought, was pretty good. the coffee tastes pretty bad in my opinion, and the vanilla is alright. i found with the coffee and vanilla, im not sure if it is a defect, that if i take 3 drags to begin with, the cartridge gets burnt or something. and the flavor after that is almost like the end of a cartridge and tastes burnt. and two of the vanilla carts arent really hittable. im pretty disappointed in my purchase and am going to be sending in back. it seems like a refillable one is the way to go for me. more flavor options, and with all the mods and things you can add to them it seems pretty nice. and hopefully i will get the buzz i am looking for. i really dont feel much of the blu. used to think they were amazing when you could expose the juice to the atty but not anymore. not to be knocking on them, if it works for you thats awesome, just figured i would share my opinion with this product. maybe someone has experienced these things with them before.

Myrmidon

Sep 5, 2011
south carolina
The battery life does indeed leave one lacking in the satisfaction area.This product is great for the social arena and stealth vapeing. The new carto's are refillable, one needs only to remove the cap and drip liquid in and I find this necessary since the carto's seem to not last very long. In all this product fits a certain niche very well but true vapeing satisfaction lies elsewhere.

Heading down to Buffalo from Tdot, ON, Canada.
I havent tried any e-cigs yet but since I'll be in the states. Has anyone tried the Blu Cig disposable's? which apparently can be purchased in some stores. They seem kind of pricey for but I dont have any other options to have shipped to my location.
How many puffs? and how long does the battery last?

Any info would be great. Thanks

Trashcore

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Grand rapids mi
I'm super new to vaping but I bought two disposables blus for 7.99 each one for me and my better half. With in the first few hours after our cigarette pack went out we were shocked at how much we liked it. Blu disposables lasted me about 24 hours and my girlfriend 3.5 days guess who vaped the most... Lol not bad for 7.99

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm glad they worked for you. I started on Blu's and I appreciate the fact that they were my first step in getting away from analogs. I did have many frustrations and have since gone on to other things. I won't go into that here but I realize that one of the good things about PV's is that one size doesn't fit all and if the first thing you try doesn't work, there are many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread