Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
A looong time ago I picked up some Boge cartos from a Chinese supplier for my wife. They measure 2.8Ω on average.

I just ordered some of the 3.2Ω that madvapes has on sale. Has anyone else gotten these and metered them? Does Boge even make a 2.8Ω carto? Just wondering if these are going to be similar to my older batch in performance...

Thanks

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
A looong time ago I picked up some Boge cartos from a Chinese supplier for my wife. They measure 2.8Ω on average.

I just ordered some of the 3.2Ω that madvapes has on sale. Has anyone else gotten these and metered them? Does Boge even make a 2.8Ω carto? Just wondering if these are going to be similar to my older batch in performance...

I just received a box of 3.2 in my last order. I metered two before using them. One was 3.1 and the other was 3.0.

The labeling on the boxes drives me nuts. There is a sticker on most boge carto boxes that says something like "510 D regular" or "510 D SR" or "510 D LR". --> SR = Standard resistance (which I would think would be 2.5 ohms), but with boge, apparently it means "something around 3.2 ohms". "Regular", I would think should also mean standard resistance, but apparently with boge it means "something around 3.0 ohms". The LR stuff is the same way for some stickers but not for others. I get some 1.8 ohm boge from another vendor and the sticker actually says 1.8 ohms on it (most of the time), and most of the 2.0 ohm boxes have a sticker that says "LR 2.0 ohms", but sometimes I get one that just says "510 D LR" with no indication of ohms. Same for the 1.8 ohm stickers - occasionally it just says "510 D LR".

On top of that, sometimes I see strange ohm ratings advertized. Bombdrops Vapor carries a boge 2.9 ohm (probably the 2.8 you are looking for), and only two places I know of carry the 1.8 ohm boge I like for my bottom feeders.

Sorry for the rant, but maybe that will help you identify which ones you are looking for in the future... or maybe they'll change the stickers again and make me more frustrated with their labeling.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I often times wondered how accurate these were. Sometimes I'll receive boxes with the same descriptions you listed. I usually use 2.0, but was wondering what was the advantage of higher ohms?

The advantage of higher ohms is for use at higher voltage. I bought the box of 3.2 ohm boge I mentioned for use on a 5.0v regulated mod. I also compared one of them at 6.0v to the 3.2 ohm smoke tech cartos. -- Some people prefer a cooler vape and will use 2.8 to 3.0 ohms on a 3.7v PV for 5 to 6 watts of power, but that's not for me. I prefer warm, dense vapor. The lowest watts i want to be able to generate is 7.75. The highest watts i vape on a regular basis is 15.6 (some juices can't handle that, so use caution if you decide to try something like a standard dual coil on 5.0v)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Banjoman...Boge says that the SR 3.0ohm meter +/- .2ohm (also on the other 2 ohm ratings they sell). In other words, SR's range from 2.8-3.2ohm. Most manufacturers, not just Boge, also state that their carto's have that variance. If a vendor states a specific ohm, question them as to whether or not they actually metered every one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread