Status
Not open for further replies.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
My Bolt has been pretty weak as of late. I have an Efest 2000mAh flat top batt in it and it's taking long to fire, even with toppers with low resistance. I currently have a Squid dripper with a coil build of 1.8 ohm, but I'm not getting any vapor from it when it's screwed into the Bolt.

What gives? Do I need a batt with higher amperage/C rating?:mad:

BTW, I have no trouble on my VV/VW mods, only the Bolt.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The 510 connections are clean. I just cleaned the connections, but I saw one problem with the battery connection: the positive pin. It appears a bit gunked and I couldn't clean it with alcohol.

Sounds like you've found the issue. It needs to be cleaned. I try to never use any abrasives on contacts, but if alcohol doesn't do it I use 900 grit sandpaper very lightly. Just a couple of gentle wipes should do it and then use alcohol on it monthly to keep it clean. Lately I've started dabbing a very small amount of Noalox on the contact surface that gives me grief, but I don't yet know if this is going to help.

Good luck with it :thumb:

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Sounds like you've found the issue. It needs to be cleaned. I try to never use any abrasives on contacts, but if alcohol doesn't do it I use 900 grit sandpaper very lightly. Just a couple of gentle wipes should do it and then use alcohol on it monthly to keep it clean. Lately I've started dabbing a very small amount of Noalox on the contact surface that gives me grief, but I don't yet know if this is going to help.

Good luck with it :thumb:

I still have the power loss in the Bolt. I don't know if my amperage is insufficient (I'm waiting for a purple Efest in the vapemail), but I did clean the Bolt and still has too little power. Would I have to replace the switch?

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
I still have the power loss in the Bolt. I don't know if my amperage is insufficient (I'm waiting for a purple Efest in the vapemail), but I did clean the Bolt and still has too little power. Would I have to replace the switch?

Is it the old bolt with wire or the Bolt M. If it's the old one your wire or switch might be dead if it's the Bolt M I think their are contacts in the head you can clean.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
You really need a ohm meter to help troubleshoot what's going on.

If its an older battery your using it might have passed it's optimal life and voltage is sagging to much under load. Could be the switch is going and not making contact when pressed. If it's the bolt with the wires one might not be making good cotact, etc etc.

You said you've cleaned the contacts so that should be able to rule out. If you haven't also clean the threads where the body screws together.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
I tried the brand new purple Efest but still have the power loss. I don't have an ohm meter; too many unexpected expenses won't let me get one.

Gotta be the switch since I was getting flooding from my RDA, which caused juice to spill (possibly) into the firing mechanism.

If you really can't afford it I totally understand, but you can get a working multimeter for about $8 from Wal-Mart or any home improvement store. I wouldn't rely on it being 100% accurate and I would upgrade when I could, but it should work just fine for testing continuity on a mod.

And you should have one anyway with rebuildables.
/soapbox

Anyway, if the RDA is flooding the switch, that could definitely do it. Have you noticed liquid around the mod's 510 connection/center pin before now?

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
I tried the brand new purple Efest but still have the power loss. I don't have an ohm meter; too many unexpected expenses won't let me get one.

Gotta be the switch since I was getting flooding from my RDA, which caused juice to spill (possibly) into the firing mechanism.

Do you have a local vape shop, if you take it to a good one they may help you trouble shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread