Bonza - Nebula - Coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
OKey... New to this section of the forum. Never had an RDA before but want to get the Bonza.

My only mod that it would fit is my Vaporesso Nebula (my other 2 mods are the Pico & the Swag - each of those only fit a 22mm atty). The Nebula takes a single 18650 or a 26650. I have only used it with an 18650, and .4 ohm prebuilt coils (either with a Cleito tank, or a Big Baby Beast with .4 ohm Q2 coils). I'm just used to that resistance so don't want to stray too far from that.

Could I use the Bonza with my Nebula? I think with an 18650 it only goes up to 80W. 100W with an 26650 - but I saw that Mooch doesn't recommend those (since there are none made by Sony, LG, or Samsung)? Am I reading that correctly?

I'd like to use this RDA with dual coils - does that mean I need to have a mod with higher wattage capability? I'd be OK with .35 or somewhere around there. I don't need to be a HUGE ... cloud chucker.

If I need to get another mode (a dual 18650), I will. I just really like the build deck is designed on this. (Meaning, I think I'm capable enough to put one together, LOL). I just don't know which coils to get, or if I should consider a dual 18650 mod.

TIA :)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, the situation you run into is that if you want a higher resistance on a dual coil RDA, you are going to need to put two higher resistance coils in there to get your target resistance. I'd suggest simple round wire builds to try and accomplish that with, as if you build something exotic, there will be (even more) mass in the (dual) coils you are making.

I'd use steam-engine to calculate all that out (perhaps using wires with different gauges too) to see if you can fit enough coil in each build to make the resistance high enough to fire at a reasonably low resistance, while still trying to avoid too much wire MASS as well, as the more wire to heat up, the more strain on the mod and the battery.

If you calculate things out so that you reach a build at a resistance that "works" AND you can fit it inside the deck, you may be able to avoid a dual battery mod. I'm somewhat unsure whether/how that is achievable as I don't have that RBA.. But, if you do the experimenting/calculating and attempting to build that deck in such a fashion that you can vape it comfortably and still have reasonable battery life, by all means, go for it.

If you want exotic builds and whatnot in there, and you wind up discovering it vapes better at a lower resistance (really, IMO, what dual build decks are designed for, lower resistance but more surface area on coils, to provide more flavor and vapor) or it's just draining your battery life significantly, well, sure you could get a two battery mod.

I mean, you have nothing to lose other than more flexibility in your build and/or better battery life. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: mimöschen

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
13$ is a steal.
But atties over 23mm will overhang quite a bit, if I remember correctly.
I have my Drop on one now and it fits perfectly. I'll look again when I get home. I was playing with a TM30 that has massive overhang.

P.S. Got home and no overhang at all with the Drop.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
From my experience, and with my vaping style, I found that simple round wire builds at higher ohms is slightly lack luster in the bonza. It works and all, but it really feels like it was designed around larger exotic coils at higher wattages and seems the vape quality goes up noticeably with exotics and lower ohms. That is just my opinion though, and it could just be me.

On a side note, the bonza is the only dual coil RDA that I keep ready to go, I enjoy it that much. The rest of my duals are all stripped of coils and setting on a rack and only being used for display.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread