Bored or annoyed by my current PVs. Recommend a new one to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Over time i have figured out that voltage produces no flavor, no throat hit, and no vapor. All it does is produce the power, and any old battery holder can do that.

I'm not following you here. Higher voltage with the correct matched atty can indeed produce more flavor ( depending on the juice) more clouds of vapor and more Th. VG/PG ratios also effect this.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what your saying. Are you really saying going to higher voltage does not do those things? If so, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Over time i have figured out that voltage produces no flavor, no throat hit, and no vapor. All it does is produce the power, and any old battery holder can do that.

So IMHO a good quality carto tank will change your vaping experience more than any other device.

I have to disagree. Higher voltage (creating higher wattage) DOES increase TH and vapor. It also helps a lot of the flavor depending on the flavor juice.

I do agree with you on the carto tank for the convenience. Other than that it vapes like the carto would without a tank.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Here's my take:

Darwin -- for long battery life, pass through capacity and easy to use variable wattage power. Battery warranty for a year and replaced reasonably. Nothing extra to buy but juice and atty/carto. Some don't like it with tanks....some do.

Provari -- for one very fine made vaping machine that is also variable volt. You may need to carry a spare battery, depending on your use and style of vaping. Kind of big if you add a tank. It's weight is part of it's charm.

Vmod XL-- one pretty sweet 3.7 volt bottom feeder at a very low price. Best pocket friendly feeder made, imo. 18650 means long lasting battery -- a day or more for most.

the new to be VVPV by the buzz guy --- very new and very interesting. Maybe too new? I don't think you can change the batteries, but it does charge via usb cable....use like a pass thru.

GLV -- good old made in America fine vaping gear and I just can't leave them off the list! Very high on the reliability list, I do believe. There are a few models to choose from.

Super T Manufacturing and Clouds of Vapor also offer very fine mods.

And, yes, most of these will require some kind of wait.

Go for it --- get the mod that most interests you.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Vmod XL-- one pretty sweet 3.7 volt bottom feeder at a very low price. Best pocket friendly feeder made, imo. 18650 means long lasting battery -- a day or more for most.

the new to be VVPV by the buzz guy --- very new and very interesting. Maybe too new? I don't think you can change the batteries, but it does charge via usb cable....use like a pass thru.

Super T Manufacturing and Clouds of Vapor also offer very fine mods.

VMod. Gets some good reviews. rev 2 was a big improvement. only issue I have with that one was the first word of it that came to ECF was schilling by the guy who sells them pretending he'd never heard of it and was looking for someone who had. That user name went inactive after that thread, so maybe someone told him that wasn't cool.

The VVPV uses 14500s and they are changeable/replaceable.

+1 Super T - One of my pals has the Precise. It's a beauty. That one is worth the wait.

+1 COV - all the Golden Greek stuff is gorgeous.

Jerethustra

Feb 21, 2011
Santiago, Chile
Thanks for all of the replies again. I've learned a lot and have many new ideas.

I just purchased a Reo Grand, some batteries/charger and some more lr 510s. At least now that I'll have some batteries it'll make it easier to buy a provari, which may be my next mod purchase, depending on if I feel the need for VV.

What attracted me to the Reo is the bottom feeding system and really the simplicity of the system. Dripping is annoying and with the 6ml tank it'll be nice not to have to drip.

Here's to good vaping, and the hope that the Reo will fulfill my needs.

Last edited:

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
I have to disagree. Higher voltage (creating higher wattage) DOES increase TH and vapor. It also helps a lot of the flavor depending on the flavor juice.

I do agree with you on the carto tank for the convenience. Other than that it vapes like the carto would without a tank.

I think he's saying VTF is more dependent on the juice and carto, with voltage being the catalyst. If you have found the voltage that works for you, you can get that voltage anywhere. If your sweet spot is 5 volts, ANY device that delivers a true 5 volts will perform the same. It can be a darwin, a reo, or a $10 DIY mod box. All other things being equal (same juice and carto) 5 volts is 5 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread