• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bottom Coil Changeable Vapeonly Kit 3.5ml Mega Black or Silver Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
I picked up 2 of these from NicFitNation a couple weeks ago.

They look awesome on my Evic and they are nicely put together. So far no leaks and it's easy peasy to fill.

The problem is wicking. It just doesn't seem to be able to keep up and I get a lot of dry hits unless I take a primer puff or two.

I was hoping it was just the one I had but the other one has done the same thing and I am reading from others that they are having the same problem.

I'm going to tinker with mine to see if I can get it to wick better but I was really disappointed. You would have thought that with it being a bottom coil dry hits wouldn't happen.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I picked up 2 of these from NicFitNation a couple weeks ago.

They look awesome on my Evic and they are nicely put together. So far no leaks and it's easy peasy to fill.

The problem is wicking. It just doesn't seem to be able to keep up and I get a lot of dry hits unless I take a primer puff or two.

I was hoping it was just the one I had but the other one has done the same thing and I am reading from others that they are having the same problem.

I'm going to tinker with mine to see if I can get it to wick better but I was really disappointed. You would have thought that with it being a bottom coil dry hits wouldn't happen.

They do look great on an eVic, and are easy to fill.

I received two and I've only tried one, but so far...

HATED IT!

There may be a way to tinker with it and stop getting these burnt dry hits, but I'm not the guy who's going to discover what that is. If I'm going to get involved in tinkering with this device more than I have already, just so that it will do what it's supposed to, it's going to be a wick and coil I made myself.

Last edited:

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
DuaneNeveu - Ya they do look very cool. I've had problems with bottom coils before also (leaking and gurgling) drove me crazy. Just gave up on them. Sad because when you get a nice puff it's great. Vivi Nova has a new tank out that I thought would look cool on my evic. It's called a "STV". I thought I would wait for some more reviews before spending any cash on them though. You might want to check them out.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
DuaneNeveu - Ya they do look very cool. I've had problems with bottom coils before also (leaking and gurgling) drove me crazy. Just gave up on them. Sad because when you get a nice puff it's great. Vivi Nova has a new tank out that I thought would look cool on my evic. It's called a "STV". I thought I would wait for some more reviews before spending any cash on them though. You might want to check them out.

I've got 2 Vivi Nova STV's, and I love 'em...one black and one silver.

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
UPDATE:

I know I said I didn't care to tinker with this, but after nearly going postal over wicking and coiling my DiD, and watching PBusardo's video on the BCC's, I decided that fiddling with this can't be any more difficult than a Genesis atty.

So, after removing one of the (short) top loosely placed silica lengths from the build, it's a totally different beast. Now, it vapes quite nicely, although the occasional primer puff helps.

A PBusardo Review - The Vape Only BCC - YouTube

Next I'll try removing one more of the three extra little wicks to see if that'll help more juice flow in without flooding it.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
UPDATE:

I know I said I didn't care to tinker with this, but after nearly going postal over wicking and coiling my DiD, and watching PBusardo's video on the BCC's, I decided that fiddling with this can't be any more difficult than a Genesis atty.

So, after removing one of the (short) top loosely placed silica lengths from the build, it's a totally different beast. Now, it vapes quite nicely, although the occasional primer puff helps.

A PBusardo Review - The Vape Only BCC - YouTube

Next I'll try removing one more of the three extra little wicks to see if that'll help more juice flow in without flooding it.

Ah yes, the secret to vaping a bottom coil with anything over 20% VG. It's the first thing I do with the Kanger T3 too, once the original head gets crappy, I rebuild using 3mm silica and 32 gauge wire. Have had one of my rebuilt ones in use for well over a month.

Didja see Busardo's review on the Kanger Pro Tank yet?! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread