Box Mod Build With a Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoilFiend

May 4, 2015
Hi all,

So I'm new here but I've been vaping for probably 6 months now and have done a solid amount of research (never enough though).
I want to build an Dual 18650 box mod and I am leaning towards it being in series for some massive coils. Something like a 10 wrap 22 gauge or something.... idk i mean that's a bit absurd but you get the point.
I want the option to make atmospheric disturbances with this bad boy if i so please. However that being said i also want this as a box mod that i can use regularly and treat it like any other mod.

So the technical question i have here is because if i run them in series i should find a switch that can take that kind of power (30 ish amps). Those kind of switches are expensive and most are bulky so i thought of another idea.
Could i technically wire the mod with two switches and have one switch to each battery that way i can have just like an unregulated box mod (kinda). So if i wanted them in "parallel" i would just use one switch at a time and like drain each battery respectively and then if i wanted i could fire both switches for MAXIMUM POWER!!

Also i have seen people run like mec set ups in box mods where it is just a battery and switch and 510 connection and they seem to run fine, would i need to put chips or fuses in my mod at all? or could i run it like a mec mod?
And lastly, would my 510 like melt or something? could it take that kind of power fluctuation, going from like 4.2 volts to like 8?

Thanks for the help! :thumbs:

CoilFiend

May 4, 2015
Do you know what the cap on a MOSFET is? like volts and amps? and Raptor Chips are pricey!! I want this box mod pretty simple because it would be the first one I've built. I have wired and soldered a lot before but because i am working in a confined space i would like to keep it somewhat clean. So going back to my original idea would wiring in two switches work? or would i get like weird shorting at the 510 connection?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Also i have seen people run like mec set ups in box mods where it is just a battery and switch and 510 connection and they seem to run fine, would i need to put chips or fuses in my mod at all? or could i run it like a mec mod?
And lastly, would my 510 like melt or something? could it take that kind of power fluctuation, going from like 4.2 volts to like 8?

Thanks for the help! :thumbs:

1. If you set it up and run it as a mech mod you CANNOT change the voltage or wattage. You'll be limited to whatever the battery provides, which I can assure you is no where near enough power to heat a coil with as much metal as you're talking about using.

2. For the types of coils you're wanting to build you'll have to run a regulated mod. No two ways around that. I suggest the Yihi SX330 V3S chip. That will let you run anywhere from a .1 to a 3ohm coil and 7W to 150W of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread