"Box Mod" got hot in the mail box!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
No, it is generally batteries that are damaged by heat, get a battery to 80 to 120C (176 to 248F) plus is where damage is caused. Just a mod with no batteries the mod is fine, but if paranoid just let the mod cool off for a couple hours at room temp before use. Being the minikin is a dual battery mod, make sure the batteries are married (bought together, charged together, used together, until time and age do they part, never used separately or cheating on each other with a younger version) if you've never owned a multi-battery mod before.

JoyC

Aug 26, 2016
No, it is generally batteries that are damaged by heat, get a battery to 80 to 120C (176 to 248F) plus is where damage is caused. Just a mod with no batteries the mod is fine, but if paranoid just let the mod cool off for a couple hours at room temp before use. Being the minikin is a dual battery mod, make sure the batteries are married (bought together, charged together, used together, until time and age do they part, never used separately or cheating on each other with a younger version) if you've never owned a multi-battery mod before.
Thanks! I have two 18650 and I used to use them separately on two different devices. Does that mean I need to buy a new pair of battery fot the minikin?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Hello guys, I ordered a minikin 150w few days ago and was shipped by usps. I got it today, however it was pretty hot when I take it out from my mail box because the mail box was under the sun...California...
I was just wondering will the heat cause any damage to the mod??

Thank you guys:)

Cali heat shouldnt cause a problem to the mod.
Im in the So Cal desert. Never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread