Box mod help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Moore

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
N Las Vegas, NV
THE NITTY GRITTY
What are your recommendations for a box mod for my pop, who vapes at relatively low wattage?
Where are the best places to buy box mods? Sites not too expensive but have a good variety of styles?

THE LONG VERSION OF THE STORY:
I am slowly getting my dad into vaping. I have been vaping a couple years, and my path led me down the mechanical mod road.
My dad wants a box mod
I know goose-egg about box mods.
I am thinking DNA20 or something (because that is the only "boxmod" word I know. J/k I know it is a more highly advanced box mod chip that allows more options in your vaping experience.)

So my dad is not looking to vape at high watts. He vapes at 5-7 watts.
He is a long-time smoker, suffering from emphysema and bronchial asthma, so he can't handle anything too powerful. So I don't need anything super-high-tech.
But he would like something stylish.
I use 18650s, so I have the battery issue already covered. (That is, if you can recommend something that runs off of 18650 or even 18350).

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
I highly recommend the Innokin MVP2. There is a very active owners group of friendly, knowledgeable people here on ECF that you and your dad might want to check out. Just a terrific group who are always glad to answer any and all questions!

There are a large number of youtube reviews. I recommend PBusardo and Grimm Green. On PBusardo's he picks a bone with the strength needed to push the button. That issue was fixed many thousands of units ago and is no longer a problem.

The MVP2 is sold as a starter kit which includes the device with a built in long life battery, a versatile charger, and a clearo or 2, depending on the exact kit you choose.

There are 3 lines sold; the standard, which comes in black, silver, and blue metallic. The energy line which have vinyl-ish shells kind of like an unremovable J Wrap in assorted patterns. And the shine edition, which is geared more towards women and costs a bit more because its got some bling on it.

The standard line can be found at any number of online vendors and you should pay no more than 42.00 for it. They are frequently on sale. Many people, myself included, feel that you get quite a bit for the money with this device. It is a sturdy,feature rich, reliable, safe, easy to use APV that is a pleasure to use. Your father will not likely grow out of it.

I have purchased mine from 101 Vape, Vapor Liquidators, and Complete Vape.

Good luck to you and your Dad! He is so lucky to have you helping him with this and you will love having a vaping buddy.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
THE NITTY GRITTY
What are your recommendations for a box mod for my pop, who vapes at relatively low wattage?
Where are the best places to buy box mods? Sites not too expensive but have a good variety of styles?

THE LONG VERSION OF THE STORY:
I am slowly getting my dad into vaping. I have been vaping a couple years, and my path led me down the mechanical mod road.
My dad wants a box mod
I know goose-egg about box mods.
I am thinking DNA20 or something (because that is the only "boxmod" word I know. J/k I know it is a more highly advanced box mod chip that allows more options in your vaping experience.)

So my dad is not looking to vape at high watts. He vapes at 5-7 watts.
He is a long-time smoker, suffering from emphysema and bronchial asthma, so he can't handle anything too powerful. So I don't need anything super-high-tech.
But he would like something stylish.
I use 18650s, so I have the battery issue already covered. (That is, if you can recommend something that runs off of 18650 or even 18350).

no doubt the best choice
maybe add or consider one of these, the MVP's little brother
kinda a tall slender box mod

- Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape

- Innokin iTaste VV (V3) Express kit - 101 Vape

and if you price them together, factor in batteries and a charger
WAY cheaper than standard mods

a great team (as back up)

good luck, & tell dad "hey' for us :p

Timothy Moore

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
N Las Vegas, NV
@amoret
No, your voice still counts. I had not purchased yet.

@pufZepplin
And I am glad that I had waited to make the order. I JUST saw your response. Made the order on your recommendation. I ordered the first link, for the 2.0, but I passed on the express kit. Though I am very appreciative of you recommending that as well.

I told dad "hi" for you all. He asked me to say "hi back" and "thanks" to you all. And you have my personal gratitude as well.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
@amoret
No, your voice still counts. I had not purchased yet.

@pufZepplin
And I am glad that I had waited to make the order. I JUST saw your response. Made the order on your recommendation. I ordered the first link, for the 2.0, but I passed on the express kit. Though I am very appreciative of you recommending that as well.

I told dad "hi" for you all. He asked me to say "hi back" and "thanks" to you all. And you have my personal gratitude as well.

Your father is going to be very surprised when it's at your door Thursday (no guarantee) but almost lol , i am on the N.C coast and 101 is in Cali , they had it in my hands in two and a half days (no joke) and thats with standard shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread