Box mod suggestions! Smoant Cylon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batu Tekin

May 28, 2018
TR
I'm using vaporesso Switcher box mode, now.
I want to buy a new box mod, but I'm very undecided.

Do you have Smoant Cylon and similar suggestions?
Would you recommend Smoant Cylon?
Regards..

I don't want Smoant Cylon. There was a line problem on screen.
Aegis Legend has a problem with liquid leakage.
i want to Strong and beauty box mod ^^

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. A little more information would be helpful. How do you vape? Are you MTL, or are you a direct lung? How much wattage do you like? Is form factor critical. you want one or two or three batteries? Temp Control? In other words, before we can recommend you a mod, tell us what you want it to do. I'll probably have to bow out for that, though; the only regulated boxes I've bought lately were from Squid industries, and they haven't a huge market share, it's more of a niche company.

Batu Tekin

May 28, 2018
TR
Hi and welcome. A little more information would be helpful. How do you vape? Are you MTL, or are you a direct lung? How much wattage do you like? Is form factor critical. you want one or two or three batteries? Temp Control? In other words, before we can recommend you a mod, tell us what you want it to do. I'll probably have to bow out for that, though; the only regulated boxes I've bought lately were from Squid industries, and they haven't a huge market share, it's more of a niche company.

Thank you for your interest in me. :)
First of all, my English may be a little bad. I'm sorry all over again.

i'm DL vaper,
Max. 100 Wattage
Two 18650 Batteries
Temp Control (maybe)
Strong, Durable etc.
Color: Black :)

Overall I'm looking for a model with Smoant Cylon specifications.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thank you for your interest in me. :)
First of all, my English may be a little bad. I'm sorry all over again.

i'm DL vaper,
Max. 100 Wattage
Two 18650 Batteries
Temp Control (maybe)
Strong, Durable etc.
Color: Black :)

Overall I'm looking for a model with Smoant Cylon specifications.
Ok, that's what we needed. I will bow out, as I said, because I don't have any experience with recent mass market mods. Someone with a better idea of what to recommend will be along shortly, I'm sure.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Ive had the Smoant Cylon since it came out and use it everyday. I highly recommend it and in regards to the line on the screen, I think it’s a very limited problem and you shouldn’t worry. I’ve only heard a few people having that problem and I know many many more that are super happy with it. Buy the Smoant Cylon, you won’t regret it. Also if you get it from a reliable vendor you could get a refund/replacement if problems do arise although I think it’s very unlikely. Good luck and happy vaping

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Just to add something- if you just want a “tough” mod that can handle abuse than the aegis legend fits the bill. Takes two 18650’s and is mil-spec rated. Can handle water, dust, drops, throws, kicks, knees, screams, yells, curses, etc.,etc. it can handle anything you throw at it. Just thought I’d throw that info out there.

Batu Tekin

May 28, 2018
TR
Just to add something- if you just want a “tough” mod that can handle abuse than the aegis legend fits the bill. Takes two 18650’s and is mil-spec rated. Can handle water, dust, drops, throws, kicks, knees, screams, yells, curses, etc.,etc. it can handle anything you throw at it. Just thought I’d throw that info out there.

However, there are those who are experiencing liquid leak problems from the USB port on the top.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
However, there are those who are experiencing liquid leak problems from the USB port on the top.

I thought that the usb had a rubber plug that sealed it. Maybe the people that had leaking issues did something to damage this plug or didn't seat it back in place properly after updating the mod? I have only heard good things about the original Aegis and the Legend. (I do not own one, but everyone I know that does absolutely loves them)

Batu Tekin

May 28, 2018
TR
I thought that the usb had a rubber plug that sealed it. Maybe the people that had leaking issues did something to damage this plug or didn't seat it back in place properly after updating the mod? I have only heard good things about the original Aegis and the Legend. (I do not own one, but everyone I know that does absolutely loves them)

May be. So what do you think of Legend's weight? - 0.320 kg.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
May be. So what do you think of Legend's weight?
In all honesty it felt heavy to me, but that is coming from a guy that uses a single battery mech squonk made of stabwood on a daily basis. So most regulated mods, especially dual battery, feel heavy to me.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I don't want Smoant Cylon. There was a line problem on screen.

I've got the line problem and it's eventually going to make the mod unusable. At first I thought it would be lucky to make it 6 months but since I've bought replacements I haven't been using it much and it seems to have slowed down.
Good mod if you don't get the line problem. A wasted $50-$60 if you do.

I’ve only heard a few people having that problem and I know many many more that are super happy with it.

Maybe limited but that doesn't help you if you're one of the lucky ones.
I would've been gloriously happy with it if I had known about the line problem earlier, known it would continually get worse when I first saw a single white line and it wouldn't cost $20 shipping to gamble on a warranty replacement.

I think I found what you're talking about. Are you talking about a video with eliquid behind the screen?
It's leaking behind the screen cover not into the mod, and through the button not the USB seal, read the comments.
I'm going to guess that is eliquid breaking down the sticky stuff holding the screen cover on and not something they came up against in the water testing.

If it is coming through the USB seal plug for someone I hadn't thought of that but that could be a problem the way it's facing. It's like a bowl waiting to fill with water.
And with rubber killing liquids does seem like a reasonable fear for leaky tanks.

I use top flow air tanks on both of mine so they're not bathed in liquid like his is.
Easy solution, top the Legend with a Zeus Dual.

I do like my Legends (so much I bought another one). Probably not great for small hands.
I don't plan on going back to leaking tanks or otherwise intentionally test the leak proof-ness of them.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Every mod ever made will have someone complaining of a problem theirs so if you are looking for the perfect mod, it doesn’t exist. Smoant is definitely one of the more reliable mod makers, especially in the price range you’re looking. Vaporesso, Teslacigs, and Voopoo are a few more mod makers that have a decent track record with their mods in your price range. However if you look, someone will be complaining about any mod made. If you are looking for a mod that no one has had issues with, you will be looking a very long time. If you find it, please share it because I would also like to buy one. Good luck on your search

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Every mod ever made will have someone complaining of a problem theirs so if you are looking for the perfect mod, it doesn’t exist. Smoant is definitely one of the more reliable mod makers, especially in the price range you’re looking. Vaporesso, Teslacigs, and Voopoo are a few more mod makers that have a decent track record with their mods in your price range. However if you look, someone will be complaining about any mod made. If you are looking for a mod that no one has had issues with, you will be looking a very long time. If you find it, please share it because I would also like to buy one. Good luck on your search

I really like my Battlestar and don't hold the Cylon against Smoant. It's my first dead/dying mod if you don't count eGo batts and RN4072 auto-batts (revived my well worn Cuboid). I was bound to get a bad one eventually.
I just can't spend any more of my money on another Cylon. If I got another bad one that would make me mad. I'm also leery of big screens but I have a Proton that might eventually show me they're not all bad.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In all honesty it felt heavy to me, but that is coming from a guy that uses a single battery mech squonk made of stabwood on a daily basis. So most regulated mods, especially dual battery, feel heavy to me.
The Geekvape Aegis and Aegis Legend are the most durable mods currently on the market.

The Legend is relatively heavy, and relatively bulky to hold in the hand. Some folks like that, it gives them a sense of security that it is a well-built, durable mod. I gave mine to my son, and he loves it.

Like Zaryk, I also prefer the smaller, lighter, and more comfortable to hold single battery mods. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

images

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a smoant cylon it's one of my favorite mods and like, if anyone should get the line through the screen, it should be me. I drop that sucker all the time I mean not literally but yeah, enough.

The weight of the Legend is totally balanced out by its epic handfeel. I actually LIKE the weight and oddly enough it is ONE mod I have not dropped yet, but as I pick it up, I am totally like, "I could drop you Legend, I COULD AND NOTHING BAD would happen to you." Handfeel trumps weight every time for me, I'm going to guess it MAY be heavier than the tesla punk but I vaped that thing literally 5 times before selling it. The shape carved lines into my hand.

So I wouldn't let the weight put you off necessarily but if you are worried about it you could go to a vape shop and ask them to let you heft it about with batteries in it and see what you think, and then buy 30 ml of juice or something, so you haven't wasted their time, although I guess a judicious, :"OH my, this thing is WAY TOO HEAVY for me," and a swift exit might work.

I kind of sort of think it might, oh you know, curse your Legend of the future if you DO like it and lie about it. I would probably pick the 30 ml juice option personally but I've You Know been trying to be a better person lately. I'm not saying you have to or anything.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have several dual 18650 battery mods.

The Aegis Legend is the largest out of the ones I have, however it is also the lightest weight one. It is bulkier than most but still fits very well in the hand.

I haven't seen any leaking of ejuice into it. But then I don't have juice leaks from Atomizers used on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread