Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nep2nes

Verified Member
I'm looking to dive into box mods. I have a few mechs and I prefer to drip. With that being said, I've seen a few box mods with Kayfuns and other RBAs which look like a great idea (I drive alot and I feel having a box would be better, especially with a tank). Any suggestions on good combinations? Thanks!:2c:

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
I've got a Vaporshark DNA30 in the mail to me that I plan on using with my kayfun (with nano kit) although I suspect it may be a little large aesthetically for the vaporshark, but we'll see. I'm hoping to be able to aquire a Hana Modz Mini specifically for the kayfun and finding a smaller (<18mm) dripper or tank for the vaporshark.

If you're not looking for a regulated device and you like dripping then Reo Grand/mini comes to mind. I also really enjoyed my MicroStick with a Spheroid... SUPER COMPACT

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
I got one of these on preorder HOT NEW ITEM - Genome iPV50 BOX MOD 50 WATTS - PRE-ORDER NOW - BATCH #2 ON SALE!!! :: Pre Order's - A to Z Vapor World

Here are the stats:
DC-DC
3 buttons
Power setting: 7-50W
Atomizers: 0.2-3Ω
Display: OLED 0.96"(display resistance, wattage, battery level in real time, voltage)
Color: aluminum alloy Silver or Black
Connector: 510
Battery: 18650
Dimensions: 100mm×50mm×22mm

DNA 30 mods are old news, this blows everything else out of the water, nothing comes close - but that's just my opinion :)

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Just went and got my Vaporshark out of the mailbox and the kayfun is slightly big for it IMO, but totally do-able. In fact, with the "shark skin" cover on it it adds a few mm of bulk to the device and actually matches the kayfuns diameter much better. I am really surprised how small this little guy is--it would be really stealth with a small dripper on it.

And I guess they're coming out with a replaceable 18650 version soon too--definitely on my radar.
Pic from another thread.
347609d1403119864t-rdna-vaporshark-18650-10492601_722402071141093_7034794577413109434_n.jpg

Last edited:

DaddyJ

Jun 28, 2014
Northville, NY, USA
I have a DNA-30 box from Buffalo Mods. No frills, but rugged. I am currently awaiting the delivery of another DNA-30 from Protovapor. All of the reviews that I read have been positive, and they seem to be very customer oriented. What sold me is the belt clip - I love the ideal of being able to put the vape somewhere besides my pockets, where the RBA's always leak!

SPBALLER

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
SAN FRANCISCO
I can vouch for the awesomeness of the vaporshark/kayfun combo (and I think it looks great with a kayfun, even more so in nano). I drive charter buses for a living and I'd be an oily mess if not for a nice tank set up to go to work with. The Vaporshark and kayfun (full or nano) fits easily into any pocket (pants, shirt, jacket, whatever) and is leak proof.

As was mentioned above, there are more powerful chips and bigger battery version box mods (I will probably get the upcoming Vaporshark RDNA because I'm such a fan of the one I have, built very well), but you don't really need anymore than the DNA30 if you are looking to run tanks on it, and 30 watts is still plenty to blow clouds with the right dripper and build.

Another plus of the vaporshark for someone driving a lot is you can use it as a passthrough, say you're on the road for 10 hours, get yourself a nice cable and never worry about a dead battery, unplug it and walk away to do whatever you need as usual.
rwY2ig8.jpg

Last edited:

elscorcho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
what is so great about the reo? seriously never heard of them till i came across this thread, thanks for more details why it is so good as it now has my interest while waiting on my e-mech.
If you prefer dripping with mechs the REO is is perfect, Its mechanical and has a new contact design that makes for a very efficient mech. Since its bottom fed you get the flavor of dripping fresh juice w/o dripping .....just push/squeeze the bottle (squonk) and you have fresh juice on demand. They are machined out of solid aluminum and are virtually indestructible.

Learn more by lurking & asking questions HERE

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
The smart and sensible part of me is wanting to tell you that there are many box mods and you will receive many recommendations. The bottom line is you have to research, review and choose the one that you think will make you the happiest. The other side is wants to tell you that I thought I was pretty satisfied with vaping and then I started using a reo and I don't think it could ever get any better. Everything I have bought in the last year has turned into some pretty good backups. Good luck to you and I hope you find your happy vaping place. :)

BSN-671

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
GUAM, USA
DNA 30 mods are old news, this blows everything else out of the water, nothing comes close - but that's just my opinion :)

50W is old news as well. What about the GI2 by Grand Innovations or the Variant by Vicious Ant? Both pushing 100+ watts!

That Genome does look nice though. Pretty affordable as well.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
50W is old news as well. What about the GI2 by Grand Innovations or the Variant by Vicious Ant? Both pushing 100+ watts!

That Genome does look nice though. Pretty affordable as well.

Not exactly old news as it's the first 50w box mod that at least i know of to hit the market :p

I defo get your point though, but i think GI2 is proper ugly, and both these mods are far too big for me, and super expensive and ultra rare.

Unless something smaller, more affordable and easily obtainable comes out of the US or EU (which i highly doubt), i'll just wait for mods with this badboy fitted to hit the market

8epunene.jpg

http://www.vapescores.com/yihi-sx330-100-watt-chip/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, have 3 box mods that I use, 2 ChinaBox30's, and a SuperMax. Max does 50 in watt mode and up to 82 watts in volt mode. Enjoy all three. Have the china30's power locked at 30 and in stealth mode, Max I'll switch between volts and watt mode to whatever will put out the most watts.

Max, I veiw basically as a regulated mechanical, with a max output of 5.5 volts or 15 amps, whichever comes first, so target ohms is still a primary concern if one wants to get maximum output. Still getting to know Max, but liking him so far.

6LuhsVK.jpg

For dripping, I generally use mechs, if you don't drip below 0.5 ohms, the a dna device would serve quite well. Nice thing about the dna's is that most any build it will fire will get ya 30 watts if so desired, and is very user friendly. All depends on where you vape at. Me, heck, I'm all over the board, I just try to get the maximum performance and quality vape out of all my gear and rba's. This ususally puts my vape at a low of 30 to a high of 92 watts or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread