Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Thoughts? Well... Clearly "pacta sunt servanda" belongs to the western world principles, and just by the common sense you shouldn't trust anyone who has "poo" in the name....

Thank goodness someone finally said it! I completely agree! I'd never buy one on name alone. It's like naming your product VapeTurd or CrapCloud. If you are going to make something, do a little research before naming it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If you boycotted every vape company that cloned copied or flat out ripped off someone else's ideas, design, process or product you wouldn't have anything left to buy or vape with.

A clone is one thing, especially when it states it is a clone. Making agreements with another company to provide a chip, working closely with them, then instead of delivering what you promised, stealing the design, and manufacturing it yourself as an "original" is something entirely different.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If you boycotted every vape company that cloned copied or flat out ripped off someone else's ideas, design, process or product you wouldn't have anything left to buy or vape with.
Bingo. I'm not convinced VandyVape is completely innocent. They wanted to use their own chip from the beginning. I feel bad for Tony, I guess. He seems OK, but all those companies are shady.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
I love me a satisfying voop as much as the next guy, but I really don't need much of a reason to avoid one Chinese company over another. Also, Tony seems like a good guy and I've enjoyed countless hours of vaping pleasure whilst using his Pulse BF mech squonker. So yeah, scroo yoo voo poo.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Economic study after economic study shows that the only parties negatively affected by boycotts are the boycotters. Foregoing a product or service that you would have bought absent the reason for the boycott rarely advances the agenda and leaves the boycotters less well off because they settled for an inferior substitute.

The boycotted rarely loses and often gains because of the publicity the boycott generates.

I think I'll just wait and see. If a Voopoo boycott works and forces the company to drop the price of their Pulse clone, I may get an outstanding product at a cost well below what I would have paid if none of this happened.

I'm just a consumer who almost always acts in his own best interest.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
A clone is one thing, especially when it states it is a clone. Making agreements with another company to provide a chip, working closely with them, then instead of delivering what you promised, stealing the design, and manufacturing it yourself as an "original" is something entirely different.

Guess you missed or ignored the ' or flat out ripped off someone else '.
Too much whine in the vape 'industry' not enough do it yourself.
When you knowingly shoot yourself in the foot you have no one else to blame.
Make a deal with the devil, you get what you deserve.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Economic study after economic study shows that the only parties negatively affected by boycotts are the boycotters. Foregoing a product or service that you would have bought absent the reason for the boycott rarely advances the agenda and leaves the boycotters less well off because they settled for an inferior substitute.

The boycotted rarely loses and often gains because of the publicity the boycott generates.

I think I'll just wait and see. If a Voopoo boycott works and forces the company to drop the price of their Pulse clone, I may get an outstanding product at a cost well below what I would have paid if none of this happened.

I'm just a consumer who almost always acts in his own best interest.
Honestly, they've released nothing but crap since the Drag, IMO and I already have a couple of those. Can't see myself picking up whatever Gene squonker they have in the works.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Guess you missed or ignored the ' or flat out ripped off someone else '.
Too much whine in the vape 'industry' not enough do it yourself.
When you knowingly shoot yourself in the foot you have no one else to blame.
Make a deal with the devil, you get what you deserve.

I didn't miss or ignore it. Your post seemed to imply ripping off existing designs of released products. AKA clones/copies. I see no reason to boycott a vape company for that. If the original company didn't secure a patent, that is on them. Offering to help a company to release a new product and stealing the design while purposefully delaying them is something entirely different.

In manufacturing sometimes it is better to buy a part than make it yourself. Take OLED screens for example. Guess who makes the iPhone X OLED screens: Samsung. Guess who makes the OLED screens for Sony TV's: LG. If Samsung or LG had promised to deliver the screens to the respective buyers but didn't and used the delay to steal the designs they buyers were using, I would feel the same about Samsung or LG. However in both cases the companies delivered and the buyers created great products.

I agree about making a deal with the devil. However the devil is good at hiding. So I am glad this story was brought to light so now I can avoid buying this particular devil's products.

Quick side note: I actually own a 65" Sony 4k OLED TV, it's AMAZING. I took my daughter to see the new Thor movie back when it was out. After the move she looked at me and said "it was a great movie but would have looked better if we had watched it at home." The picture on this thing is that good.

I didn't miss or ignore it. Your post seemed to imply ripping off existing designs of released products. AKA clones/copies. I see no reason to boycott a vape company for that. If the original company didn't secure a patent, that is on them. Offering to help a company to release a new product and stealing the design while purposefully delaying them is something entirely different.

In manufacturing sometimes it is better to buy a part than make it yourself. Take OLED screens for example. Guess who makes the iPhone X OLED screens: Samsung. Guess who makes the OLED screens for Sony TV's: LG. If Samsung or LG had promised to deliver the screens to the respective buyers but didn't and used the delay to steal the designs they buyers were using, I would feel the same about Samsung or LG. However in both cases the companies delivered and the buyers created great products.

I agree about making a deal with the devil. However the devil is good at hiding. So I am glad this story was brought to light so now I can avoid buying this particular devil's products.

Quick side note: I actually own a 65" Sony 4k OLED TV, it's AMAZING. I took my daughter to see the new Thor movie back when it was out. After the move she looked at me and said "it was a great movie but would have looked better if we had watched it at home." The picture on this thing is that good.
This hits the proverbial nail on the head.
It's not like cloning, this is outright corporate espionage and sabotage.
Disgraceful as it is, it's China what do you expect?
Their rules are nothing like what the western worlds rules are.
Nonetheless, I'm all good with voodoodoo. I'll stick to my DNA devices, thanks.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
If voopoo managed to piss off a bigger number of reviewers, particularly those who do coops with chinese manufacturers, then they'll have a problem finding cheap advertisement that reaches millions of people.
Those reviewers have an actual interest in not getting screwed over in china and if they manage to make a united statement (which I doubt) this could have some influence.

Also a reg squonker isn't just a chip taped to a random bottle and a 510, we've seen eg ijoy crap the bed twice trying to make one and the dual bottle monstrosity siegelei has released doesn't look promising either.
They may have learned some things from VV but they may try to optimize that for cost and end up with the infamous squonk straw design many people hate, it's not a given to bang out a good squonker 1st try.

Disgraceful as it is, it's China what do you expect?
Their rules are nothing like what the western worlds rules are.
Oh but they are aware of those rules and use them if it benefits them. Take as an example this statement from a random company I dug out on the internet
Kappa.png

Statement – VOOPOO VAPE

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Oh but they are aware of those rules and use them if it benefits them. Take as an example this statement from a random company I dug out on the internet
Kappa.png

Statement – VOOPOO VAPE

We hereby promise that all of the products of VOOPOO are originally innovative. VOOPOO will not copy others' work and adhere to the original design.

ROFLMAO. Such liars and hypocrites. I really hope they go out of business.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I don't own any Voopoo products (the name was a factor, I'm shallow, but also probably not shallow ENOUGH to let the name stop me either, if I LIKE something enough) but this isn't making them more desirable to me.

LOL, I looked at that statement and all I could think when "comparing" the product was, "I don't care which is the clone they are both ugly as sin."

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread