Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
This started as a single mod with convertible tubing for a different battery choice but grew to three full fledged mods, two newly built and my original Brass Booster (the first) overhauled in many respects.

Features:

• 5/8" and 13/16" (20.6mm OD, 19.05mm ID) brass tubing for bodies
  • magnetic mechanical switches, lockable
  • magnetic connector spindle style genisis atomizers
  • TI PTN04050C booster pods in 15.1mm brass tubing, fixed at 4.43v
  • LipLight™ illuminated vaping

Pics:

IMAG0974text%252096.jpg

IMAG0962.jpg

Brass Beast v2: 18650, 5ml capacity

IMAG0914.jpg

Brass Bikini v2: 18350, 2ml capacity

IMAG0917.jpg

Single tube genisis removed:

IMAG0918.jpg

Brass Booster v2: 14500, 2ml capacity

IMAG0954.jpg

LipLight™ activated:

IMAG0845.jpg

More How-to-ery to follow. :blush:

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The pod is made with brass tubing and washers that telescope into the 5/8" body tubing. Each top cap is soldered and glued into place and has the center drilled partially to hold a matching magnet with a slight lip above and a hole for the light:

IMAG0890.jpg

The bottom is a matching washer with a slot for the v-in wire and is super glued on (was, doesn't really matter :glare:):

IMAG0891.jpg

The bottom cap can be popped off _cough_ and the board can be pulled out of the pod.

The positive post is a 1.2mm brass nail soldered to a to a couple wraps of solid .6mm brass wire directly to v-out. The pins were removed from the board and the legs of the components are directly inserted to the remaining holes with all positives towards the inside and negatives outwards. 100 uf 16v caps and a 62k resistor between pins 3 & 4. A 3mm LED with a 100ohm resistor is added to v-out. The GND is a semi springy brass coil that contacts the pod's inner wall There is a small piece of heatshrink on the positive leg of the LED and a dab of glue protecting v-out, otherwise air and tension from the components against the tube isolate. Here are two finished:

IMAG0950.jpg

And the two pods not quite finished:

IMAG0938.jpg

Any questions, just ask! :)

Except that one question, these are NFS, for that I am sharing the trade secrets! :laugh:

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thank you people, they were fun to make. I would say there isn't an 'e-cig part' to be found in these, but that is not true, the B. Booster has a thin ring of carto condom to bring the switch base size up to the ID of the brass tube.

Whiskey, are you the person with the huge collection of mods that I might have seen only a fraction of? :)

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Thank you people, they were fun to make. I would say there isn't an 'e-cig part' to be found in these, but that is not true, the B. Booster has a thin ring of carto condom to bring the switch base size up to the ID of the brass tube.

Whiskey, are you the person with the huge collection of mods that I might have seen only a fraction of? :)

LOL...I guess I have many some might say..I think its a rather modest collection;);)

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Awesome as usual, as!

Hey as, I was looking for pics of the Bathyscaphe today and they're gone.

... and Whiskey is the Avatar Queen :D. Ya blink and there's another avatar up there.

Uh oh, you found another one, I will get to that one very soon. Pic hosting blues :)

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks Sammy, there is no driptip, not really. For me they just add length and get caught in the pocket. There are a couple of mouthpiece types shown here, just the tubing end with a flat disc of aluminum and a small downtube, and also the same thing with with a slightly longer contoured piece of aluminum like in the very first pic of this thread. That is also the most recent of the pics so there is some differences along the way in the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread