Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
MeekPeskyCockroach-size_restricted.gif

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
Agreed! If they had just labeled it 15A, 15A/40A, or even 20A/40A, it would have been ok and I would have said that it met its ratings. It's this labeling of batteries with any old number they can think of (unless they say how it's a rating) instead of a true rating that gets me all riled up.
What's the difference between LG HB2 and HB6?

As far as I can see, the HB6 runs cooler, is this the only difference?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Maddoktor2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle Area
ecigzilla.com
And according to him,there without a good battery now.

Forgive me, but with all due respect, would you care to try translating that again, but into understandable English next time, please? It is not my intent to be overly critical, but pasting words an online translator pukes out in no particular logical order does not help in the least to convey your message.
HTH

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    What's the difference between LG HB2 and HB6?

As far as I can see, the HB6 runs cooler, is this the only difference?

I don't remember the details but I think the HB6 had a slight performance advantage too? You'd have to dive into the discharge curves to confirm that though. I do remember that the HB6 was the better choice of the two, in my opinion.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    bristol, england.
    I don't remember the details but I think the HB6 had a slight performance advantage too? You'd have to dive into the discharge curves to confirm that though. I do remember that the HB6 was the better choice of the two, in my opinion.
    Excellent, I'll look deeper into it, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Mooch

sd3614

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    Our batteries will always be safe and will not explore.
    Because all our batteries with safety vent, the safety vent will be opened when battery’s temperature is too high and automatically stopped discharge.

That's good to know. I hate it when my batteries wander off.

Mooch we know your intent and I deeply appreciate the work you do.

Mikla

Nov 21, 2015
    Boca Raton, FL
    Not getting into the debate... don't know enough, though these batteries have been tested and recommended by Vapor Shark (with max continuous at 20A, pulse at 40A pulse). I do wish every battery mfg would product a chart like this.

I also wanted to add my thanks for all the testing being done and helping to keep vaping safe!

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I
    Not getting into the debate... don't know enough, though these batteries have been tested and recommended by Vapor Shark (with max continuous at 20A, pulse at 40A pulse). I do wish every battery mfg would product a chart like this.

I also wanted to add my thanks for all the testing being done and helping to keep vaping safe!

Thanks!
    I can easily see someone rating this cell at 20A, especially if they don't measure temperature (which few do). It all depends on the criteria you have for establishing the ratings (temperature, voltage drop, cycle life, etc.).

Drummel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2010
    Sycamore, IL
    As a brand name I would -generally- trust their chart. The problem with those charts is companies that buy the less than perfect cells are producing false charts. Mooch has done a fantastic job debunking plenty of false batteries and many of those little companies included a chart that claimed a bunch of untruths.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread