Bringing an old cell back to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

1lasttime

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
My beloved Black Jack II finally died on me after a long time of use. My spouse wanted a mod that had a fire button on top and would fit in her wallet/pouch thingy. I finally decided that I could make a mod out of a cell phone, no problem, none at all. Hahaha! Who was I kidding this was going to be a long tedious task! Lmao!

So, 5 days later she now has a vaping 510/306 top firing button fit in her pouch/wallet thingy Black Jack II that runs on 4 AAA batteries (battery bolder built by me out of extra parts and to insure fit). The 510 battery connector is from an old favorite battery of mine, Excalibur. Don't worry he died without pain. I know heart wrenching, but I have brought the heart of him back to life. The old firing button on his 510 connector is now glued in with an old Blue LED behind it so when my spouse vapes he glows blue! The firing button is from radio shack.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

1lasttime

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
By cell I thought you meant a battery lol. Came out pretty well and fits quite a lot of battery in there too. And don't worry, a new phone is not a bad thing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! And Yes, it took quite a bit of tinkering to get them (the batteries) to fit, but they are in there. :) it was a fun project and brought a couple of my favorite pieces back to life. It should run 4.8 volts. I don't have a meter to tell for sure, though. :(

1lasttime

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Very Nice!

That would be a cool form factor for one of the DNA12 MCU mods and swapping out the phone screen the MCU display.

Thanks! I am very new to the modding world. The language you just spoke is very foreign to me, lol! I don't know anything about DNA12 MCU or an MCU screen. I will be looking into it. :)

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Thanks! I am very new to the modding world. The language you just spoke is very foreign to me, lol! I don't know anything about DNA12 MCU or an MCU screen. I will be looking into it. :)

It's an older mod (and very in depth) since the DNA20 was came out and has a small screen and more capacity. I just thought the screen of the DNA12 MCU mod might fit in the phone screen area, but IDK.

Here is a link to some info for the DNA12 MCU mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread