Broken Chuck (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Hi everyone in the Chuck family. Let me start this post off by saying I have already emailed Jeff and he has gotten back to me and told me to send it in. He got back to me the very next day I was so impressed because getting in touch with him used to be impossible. You have really stepped up your game, Jeff! Mad props.

Okay so this post is NOT me complaining. I am simply posting a picture of how my chuck is broken and asking if there is any way that I can fix it because I don't want to have to send it in. I'm stuck using my
Screwdriver right now and I'm a very unhappy vaper using this thing. It leaks all over me.

Okay so here is the picture: something fell out of my chuck and I'm assuming it's part of the switch housing. But there seems to be a wire that came un-soldered. Sorry if the pic is in a weird spot I'm
Uploading this with my iPhone. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 145

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I fixed mine the other day. Very easy. Go to radio shack and get a soldering iron, lead free solder. And you can also get a nifty new switch to put on there for 2 bucks for a pack of four. You just need to remake that connection to one side of your switch. You will be able to see it much easier if you take the top off. Then undo the bolt around the base of the switch. Take it all apart, drink a beer, make a plan, and you'll have it back together in no time. Took me about 10 min to put a new switch on mine. Hope Jeff don't mine me messin with his help request lol.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
How much is a soldering iron and also how in the world do you remove the top of the chuck? Mine is literaly permanently sealed together I think.

It will unscrew. Maybe put a rag on it for xtra grip. You can get an iron for like 9bucks, and the solder for a few dollars. You should be able to get a real small package of the stuff. Just heat up the old solder on the plastic pc to free the wire. Then just redo it all. If not, sending it back ain't that bad. But if it's your main vape, I see the problem. I also noticed you are using a SD MKII. I really love the puresmoker lr901's on mine. Gives a monster hit. For some reason, the stainless ones leak less on my mkII. Don;t ask me why, just seems to be the case.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
The new button I put on mine is very comfortable compared to the last one. A bit wider, and a bit less of a push. Got a 4 pack for 2 bucks at Radio shack. MIght just like it more because I did it lol.

Oh man I'd give anything to put a completely different button on my chuck. These little ones are just a pain in the ..., and to be honest, quite painful to hold down for those of us who take long long drags.

And @ uba egar320 yes I am using an SD mkii at the moment as a backup. Using a 510 adapter with it though, can't stand 901's but I honestly can't stand this damn mod, it literally leaks all over me.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
That's weird. Maybe the adapter is what's causing the leakage. Other than overfilling, or getting a atty that doesn't wick well, it's been a fairly rock solid pv for what it is. I read where you say you hate 901's, but the pv was designed for use with them. Maybe, if you can, try one of Puresmoker's lr901's on it, and see if there is a diff. Did you ever send your Chuck in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread