Brown Coffee Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
Okay im fairly new here and this is my first post outside of the newbie part of the forums, so i hope its in the right part.

I have a pen style RN4072 and carts that come in the same boxes as the sample pack that came with it.(maybe others are better) overall im lovin this e cig thing ive used the nicatrol inhaler befor and it was okay but $$$ and u needed a script for it, this is so much better in so many ways even though they do have problems.

I have had bad tastes and coughin off of the vape 3/5 times the other 2 times was a good vape, when it was bad it was harsh and burnt the nose and i recongnize this feeling from burning plastic(learned the hard way wut to and not to use and how to use it when it comes to home made um "water pipes"). I've tryed adjusting the stuffing multiple ways to no avail and still not happy with it.

Reading these wonderfull forums ive found people using quite a few different alternitaves to the normal batting in the carts, even somethign that may be exactly the same. Only problem is i dont like the thought of melting plastic in my lungs, so i decided to try the coffee filters, i folded the filter in half and half and half again until the size was close, rolled it around an ink cart cut it and put it in an empty filled it (maybe too much). As im typin this im usin it and i must say OMG IT IS SOOO MUCH BETTER it tastes so much smoother u can barely taste a little bit of card board like taste but its much more pleasant thatn hte burnt plastic taste/feeling, there really isnt much of a throat hit though unles i do the full 5 sec cutoff hit. The vapor is the same ammount not big nor small (my atomizer might still be breaking in).

So now im watchin it as i hit it checkin it ev few hits or so for dryness and its still good after 10+ drags (tho it seems to be leaky/messy my liquid is thin also).
My next idea is maybe steam clean the filters first to see if that gets red of the cardboard taste and also i want to try a shreded cart, not rolled to maybe help with leakage.

All in all i must say the coffee filter is sooo much better for me than my poly carts er w/e they come with, i can even taste the menthol allot more.
im lookin forward to trying the regular coffe filters (white) and teabags to see if they have eitehr a diff taste or hopefully no cardboard taste.

I will reply backafter trying the shredded coffe filter and then if i get to them the others (teabags and white coffe filters), please reply if you have tryed any of this and what your differences were between that and the regular carts as well as other ideas and such.

IN case you guys are wondering im using (my first and only) pen style RN4072

Thnx Bezgo

kr0nicle

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
a
thanks bezgo. you inspired me to get my coffee filter back out and give it another shot. so far it DOES taste much better. i am still experimenting to get the right length/density of filter to get more than a few puffs out of the cart. when i'm at work i don't have time to be messing with this thing and it seems like right now i am constantly having to do so to get a decent vape.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
are you using hte penstyle, brown filters or white? i dont no how to say how much i put in my cart but my single fill did last quite a while.
are you tasting the slight cardboard taste im talking about? oh yea also im now trying shreded coffee filter and not sure wich is better i think this will take a few days of testing.

Bezgo59879

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2009
Long Grove, Illinois
okay so i havnt ben just using my coffe filter i gave my poly carts another try and used them without many problems tho i do still get that ocaisonal burnt taste and tahts when i stop likin them so much, i think that if the cardboard taste isnt a bother (wich is avery slight taste its not that significant at all at least for me) that the coffee filters as filelr are a winner the only problem is getting the right ammount of it in the cart and weather to roll it, crumble it, shred it (fine or strips?), just not sure please anyone who has tryed this give me input weather good bad or ugly all is acceptable!!!!!

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
I am the GM of a restaurant and community coffee co. puts 672x more coffee filters than you need per box so this would be amazing if I can get this to work for me. Let me get a few things cleared up though, first you rolled the coffee filter up and then cut it into shreads? do you think you could stuff it without shreading it? Second how much do you put into a cartridge

p.s. I am looking to try this with my 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread