Browsing and posting via Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I'm not sure if this is the proper location to inquire about this. I'm on an iPhone 6, latest iOS version, and for years now I've used the app Tapatalk to browse and post to ECF.

But a few days ago I tried browsing using this app and it kept crashing. Like 5-10 seconds of opening these forums, it crashes. Over the years I've noticed a lot of people on iPhone and Android using the Tapatalk app to post here, and I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this? I've closed the app completely, uninstalled and reinstalled it, restarted my phone, and nothing helps the problem. Have any other users of this app experienced this as well?? And if so, is it a problem with the app or did ECF change something??

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Probably the App. Every time they 'fix' the program, something else gets messed up.
Did you do a hard reboot on your phone? Hold the side button down at the same time you hold the home button until the phone shuts off? Probably a stupid question but one I had to ask :oops:

I'm always hesitant to upgrade any of the iOS stuff until after I have heard they have taken care of any issues that always crop up LOL

I run several forums (not this one). A recent upgrade has caused tapatalk to act funny. Go to the main tapatalk page. Click on the little guy icon in the bottom right to go edit your tapatalk profile. Click on the settings (gear) icon in the top right. Scroll down to clear cache and click it. It just takes a second. Open task switcher and close out of tapatalk completely. That should do it. Without actually closing the app out via task switcher you really aren't closing it. It stays in memory even through a hard reboot. Clear cache should do the trick.

jamieg71

Nov 8, 2014
right behind you
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Disruption
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread