Bubble Glass for SilverPlay 24mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Love everything about the SilverPlay 24mm; great airflow and fantastic flavor, and bargain price at vapordna. Little to dislike other than 2ml capacity. Did some experimenting and found the bubble tank for OBS Cube and two orings can expand its capacity to 3ml. Picture attached. Here are the parts:

Steps:
  1. Disassemble the RTA and tank cage per these instructions.
  2. Remove and replace orings at the bottom and on top of the cage.
  3. Install the bubble tank.
  4. Tighten the cage firmly (per instructions) and reassemble.
Note top cap may fit tighter and need downward pressure to close. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Silverplay 24mm Comparison.jpg
    Silverplay 24mm Comparison.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@LoveVanilla Woot! You found a solution. I have the OBS Cube Tank from my OBS Cube kit. I don't remember getting a bubble glass with it but I'll check.

I don't see anything at the FT compatibility thread for the Silverplay 24mm. It would be great if you could help them out and post your findings there. The only bubble replacement listed was for the Silverplay V2.

Thanks for sharing this:)

Reactions: LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
@LoveVanilla That's interesting, the OBS Cube is a 25.5mm tank. I just dug mine out and it only has a straight glass replacement. I'm trying to figure out how a replacement glass for a 25.5mm tank fits a 24mm tank!

Can you give me the height of the Cube bubble glass, please?

I updated the FT thread. The height of the SP glass tank is 16mm. I tested glass heights of 15mm and 18mm unsuccessfully; the SP design requires a closely matched height. Best fit was the OBS Cube glass and specified orings to fit the SP’s diameter. And this works. Subsequently noted the SP top oring has smaller diameter than bottom. Didn’t retest OBS Cube glass with smaller top oring (as above works) though may look in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread