Budget Recommendation for a 4-battery charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I took the Sony VTC5 out of the mod when the battery bar had gone empty, but before the bar started blinking.
So they were pretty empty, but not 100%.
20180918_000918.jpg

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
The nitecore charger I had (new I2) would make my batteries scorching hot. Burns the skin kind of hot. I felt they might vent kind of hot. I tossed that thing and replaced the batteries then got a Xtar rocket and efest luc6 and have had no such problems since. I don't trust the nitecore brand anymore. I'm sure there are good ones out there, but the one I had ruined the trust I had for that brand.
This is why I recommended the NEW i4, not the NEW i2. Every company makes good and bad products, and, generalizing statements like the one you posted essentially are useless, as I can point to online comments from people whose Xtar or Efest has melted.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
This is why I recommended the NEW i4, not the NEW i2. Every company makes good and bad products, and, generalizing statements like the one you posted essentially are useless, as I can point to online comments from people whose Xtar or Efest has melted.
I am not trying to say that what I have now is perfect. I will give pretty much any company one chance, if it works out then I'll go to them again, if not I'll move on and forget that company and share my experiences, be it good or bad, with others. I came close to an incident that could have ended in a very bad way, and for me that just does not instill confidence in that company so I'm not going to risk it again. There are plenty of companies out there, and everyone is free to choose which they like and trust.

And it is not useless to share a potentially dangerous experience from a company that is being mentioned.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Reactions: Rangertrix

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I am not trying to say that what I have now is perfect. I will give pretty much any company one chance, if it works out then I'll go to them again, if not I'll move on and forget that company and share my experiences, be it good or bad, with others. I came close to an incident that could have ended in a very bad way, and for me that just does not instill confidence in that company so I'm not going to risk it again. There are plenty of companies out there, and everyone is free to choose which they like and trust.

And it is not useless to share a potentially dangerous experience from a company that is being mentioned.
I only give a company a chance if the company makes a product that meets the criteria I am looking for. And yes it is useless to share a potentially dangerous experience from a company that is being mentioned because any and all cheap affordable chargers from any company are potentially dangerous, which is why Mooch recommends to put the charger on a ceramic tile, stay within reach of the charger and awake so you can still act in a timely fashion in the possible event that something does go wrong with the charger so, yes everyone is free to choose which they like and trust, but no, your blatant knocking on the Nitecore brand cannot be called in any way useful to anyone because what you describe is simply nothing more than luck of the draw with a ridiculous attempt to magnify the nonexistent statistical value of said experience, a kind of behavior very characterizing of online shills. Again, I can point to online comments from people whose Xtar or Efest has melted.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I only give a company a chance if the company makes a product that meets the criteria I am looking for. And yes it is useless to share a potentially dangerous experience from a company that is being mentioned because any and all cheap affordable chargers from any company are potentially dangerous, which is why Mooch recommends to put the charger on a ceramic tile, stay within reach of the charger and awake so you can still act in a timely fashion in the possible event that something does go wrong with the charger so, yes everyone is free to choose which they like and trust, but no, your blatant knocking on the Nitecore brand cannot be called in any way useful to anyone because what you describe is simply nothing more than luck of the draw with a ridiculous attempt to magnify the nonexistent statistical value of said experience, a kind of behavior very characterizing of online shills. Again, I can point to online comments from people whose Xtar or Efest has melted.

Lol, cute rant. Doesn't change the fact that the product I had from Nitecore was total junk and how vocal I will be about it.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Lol, cute rant. Doesn't change the fact that the product I had from Nitecore was total junk and how vocal I will be about it.
That wasn't a rant, it is just purely common sense. And that is no matter how vocal you want to be with your obvious rant about the whole Nitecore brand.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread