Build deck life span

Status
Not open for further replies.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Thinking of the 8/16 deeming stuff. I have 5 Axiom decks, 2 EXO RTA's and 2 Cleito 120's which I will be ordering RTA decks for in the next month.

Question is how long to decks usually last? Are we looking at 1 year, 3 years, 10 years, etc? At my age if everything vaping goes to crap I'm look at 20ish years of vaping to DIY. I vape 10-30ml/day, DIY 3mg-1mg 70vg/30pg juice with low flavoring (6%-12% most juices though I have a couple of recipes at 20-25%). Hope I have gave enough info.

Outside of broken glass, lost o-rings, etc, any idea on actual deck life I might run in to? Making a list of what I need before 8/16, again thinking of worse case scenario.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Press fit bases will have a higher failure rate. Another piece to be concerned about are the PEEK insulators. But by far what goes wrong on decks the most are stripped grub screws. Stock up on those.

What's the easiest way to find the size of the screws and is there any particular metal to use or stay away from? Thinking SS would be the way to go.

Reactions: VictorViper

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What's the easiest way to find the size of the screws and is there any particular metal to use or stay away from? Thinking SS would be the way to go.

A friend with a good digital caliper. If you go to the threads in the RTA section about any of your tanks in question, you might find the size already posted by someone. It's a common issue.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
As said, the deck should last the test of time if machined from SS. I see where vandy vapes and others are using aluminum and gold plating where's that coming from? The only problems I have had is with the parts of cheaply made clones. A lot of screws and parts came be found online at the big electronics supply stores.

Reactions: numsquat

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thinking of the 8/16 deeming stuff. I have 5 Axiom decks, 2 EXO RTA's and 2 Cleito 120's which I will be ordering RTA decks for in the next month.

Question is how long to decks usually last? Are we looking at 1 year, 3 years, 10 years, etc? At my age if everything vaping goes to crap I'm look at 20ish years of vaping to DIY. I vape 10-30ml/day, DIY 3mg-1mg 70vg/30pg juice with low flavoring (6%-12% most juices though I have a couple of recipes at 20-25%). Hope I have gave enough info.

Outside of broken glass, lost o-rings, etc, any idea on actual deck life I might run in to? Making a list of what I need before 8/16, again thinking of worse case scenario.
Ive been using one Kayfun for 18-20 months.

Only thing i had to replace was 1 O ring, and one screw used to trap the leads

Reactions: numsquat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread