Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So several times I have mentioned how easy it would be to turn some scrap wood into some decent build stands. So I decided to actually do it. These below I made with some old scrap 2x4 I had laying around. The only cost to me was the 510 connectors that cost me $9.00 for the pair of them ($4.50 each).

mystands1.jpg
mystands2.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thanks guys. You should have seen the 2x4 I started with, it was a really old dingy board. I used a 2.25" hole saw to punch out the holes. Sanded off the top and bottom to get the them to match the interior of the wood. I threw them on a lathe to smooth them out, taper the tops and sand them silky smooth. Finished it up with a layer of clear coat I had laying around. I will probably add one or two more layers of clear coat for added protection then buff them up some. I thought about staining them, but I really liked the wavy marbling of this wood and didn't want to cover it up. All in all I am happy with the way they came out, especially since I considered them to be proof of concepts.

If I ever make any more, I may try to start with better looking stock wood.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Now that is some nice work. I would like to have skill like yours.

So several times I have mentioned how easy it would be to turn some scrap wood into some decent build stands. So I decided to actually do it. These below I made with some old scrap 2x4 I had laying around. The only cost to me was the 510 connectors that cost me $9.00 for the pair of them ($4.50 each).

View attachment 728759 View attachment 728761

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread