Not open for further replies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
hope this is the right section for this.
of late i've found that i really like squonking and squonkers. will have a grand total of 5 shortly (i know, a puny amount compared to some).
got some rosewood incoming and i'm also bidding on a nice piece of oak so it's time to make a wooden squonk box.
ideas haven't fully formed but i'll try and document the process here if anyone is interested...even if you're not i'll forge ahead regardless :p
squonk, on!

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I always enjoy looking at pics of other people's ideas and this gives me building ideas to think about...........love the pics.......
a lot of talanted people on here right enough. don't think i'll be competing but am rather looking forward to this project.
thinking rosewood for the main chassis and olive wood for the panels. got a $10 clone kicking around that i'll cannibalise for the hardware to save on some pennies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Looking forward to this chapter lupinehorror. Hope you enjoy the new project.:)
as am i :D
the woods i got are too thin for side panels but they will get used somewhere on it. got 6 sheets of european walnut for an outrageously low price so will see how they are once they arrive.
not rushing it and will hopefully get quite a bit done over the 'festive' season. there will be documentation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread