Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I feel compelled to ask what you will be running the mutation on.

As for building, this should help Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

For a single coil, the longer the wire, the more resistance. So adding wraps or increasing the diameter will raise the resistance. When you have dual coils, the resistance is cut in half. So to build a 0.4ohm dual coil, you need two 0.8 ohm single coils, and you want them to be even.

Reactions: zoiDman

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
A larger diameter adds more resistance, but is able to hold more juice and lasts longer between wick changes.
Yeah, I thought about getting into all of that. You have to find a balance between the resistance you want, the wicking, the airflow, the ramp up time. Lots of nuance.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Yeah, the big question is what mod you have. I use mechs. and usually stay around .3, go to the steam engine coil calculator and look up the diameter you want or do like I do. Make a vape book I have a small note book with the coil builds for 1 to .25 ohms at 2 to 3mm coils and everything from single to dual parallel. I then just look in my book and no more being online or buying the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread