Burnt coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
Okay so I just made the switch from chain smoking cigs to vaping, I opened the package one hr ago. The first hits went amazing, enough nicotine and everything.
Then I saw that I had a 0.6ohm coil and a 1.4 ohm
So I switched to the 0.6 coil
And I think I forgot to add more juice, or it somehow dissapeared, and then I tried to take a hit but it burnt and I almost puked, I looked a bit online but I'd like some advice because I switched the coils again and refilled it completely, but I'm scared that I'll burn my last coil,

Its been waiting for a good 10 minutes already, and I hope im not ....ing anything up right now

I'd hope to hear some answers soon

Thanks in advance

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
New tanks should be washed and dried before use (IMO).
New coils should be primed with a few drops of liquid. Place drops on exposed cotton/wick and add a few drops directly down the middle of the coil.
Allow the installed coil to rest in a full tank for a few minutes and begin vaping at a lower power level than suggested.
Increase as needed.
In general, once a coil is burnt, it should be replaced.

Please share which device/kit you are using.
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What is the brand, flavor and nicotine content of the juice you are using?
Where in the wide world of vape are you located?
HTH
I

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Welcome (and congrats on trying to quit smoking) Don't feel bad... my first device I couldn't ven get it to turn on (when they say press button 5 times quickly they mean really fast... figured that out the next day) I also fried a few coils along the way (including forgetting to turn it off when carrying in your pocket) Take your time, you will get great advice here, and consider ordering some more coils ASAP.

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi and welcome,
New tanks should be washed and dried before use (IMO).
New coils should be primed with a few drops of liquid. Place drops on exposed cotton/wick and add a few drops directly down the middle of the coil.
Allow the installed coil to rest in a full tank for a few minutes and begin vaping at a lower power level than suggested.
Increase as needed.
In general, once a coil is burnt, it should be replaced.

Please share which device/kit you are using.
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What is the brand, flavor and nicotine content of the juice you are using?
Where in the wide world of vape are you located?
HTH
I
Thank you, so right now I'm using a smok nord 19 aio, the liquids in using are Veep mixed fruits, 6mg, vampire vape blood sukka 12mg, and coconut 18mg, I've ordered some more liquids, double drip orange mango, 3mg and strawberry banana waffle 0mg,
I used to smoke about a pack a day for 3 years

And for the coils, I bought 4 new coils of 0.6 ohm, this time I'll prime them and make sure not to burn them

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Metmorfin

Apr 9, 2020
The Netherlands
Hello @Metmorfin, do you like a lot of vapour with warmth to it or much less vapour which is cool?

As I'm just wondering what your vaping style is.
I prefer a lot of vapour more than a little, even if it's warmer, what about you?
I just noticed he has another thread... wants to try DL... big clouds.
I just purchased a smok alien 220w with a tfv12 Prince clearomizer so I think that should do the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread