Burnt hits from Target Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
My Target Pro has been in my daily rotation and working perfectly for months. A few days ago, I started getting burnt hits so I replaced the coil. After a few puffs I started getting the burnt hits again. I pulled the coil, rinsed the tank, put in a new coil prepped per ECF instructions and added juice (70v/30p) that I had previously used successfully and let it sit for an hour. After a few puffs, I got the same burnt hits. I started over again with a new coil, clean tank making sure the vents were wide open and added a plain 50v/50p DIY juice with no flavoring or nicotine. And still got the same burnt hits after a few puffs.

I did check that the coils were authentic and I cut my power from 36W down to 20W when I replaced the first coil. Any ideas or suggestions? It seems like it's not getting enough juice but I sure can't seem to figure out why. I also tried the tank on a different Target 75W mod with the same results.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I use the ceramic coils and they only come in .5 or .6 ohm. I'm using .6 and the mod reads .57 and I got the same reading on another mod. I can't see anything wrong with the tank but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that I had 4 bad coils, 2 from one pack and 2 from another, in a row. I have ordered some new coils from a different source. I've been using the .6 ccells for months without any burning problems for several, so it's hard to figure what's going on.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I just used my Crown 3 mini on the Target Pro mod and it worked fine at 60W and 300C in temp control set to SS with 2 different juices, so I don't think the mod is the problem. I checked the Vaporsesso site and it says the heating element is hard ceramic but doesn't say what the wire going through it. But I have been using the Ccell .6 ohm in temp control using the SS setting for 2 or 3 months without any problems. So I'm back to being stumped.:?::unsure:

• Love
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread