Burnt taste after refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandron419

Aug 5, 2014
Toledo, OH
Hey everyone. In having an issue. It's new, and puzzling. I'm using evod tanks with rebuilt coils, organic cotton topped with 2 mm silica flavor wick on top. With a fresh built coil all is fine, however as soon as I clean my tank and refill it tastes awful. Burnt. To clean I rinse tank out with water, dry with a pipe cleaner. The atomizer it's self I wipe down with paper towel and the base too. I've noticed that the rubber grommet the firing pin fits into are getting charred where the coils is grounded, but I've seen this before and there's been no change in flavor. This is ruining my vaping experience, and I can't figure it out, any help is much appreciated !

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
burnt taste usually is a wicking issue or a hot spot on the coil. Both will cause juice to not be supplied adequately, and one starts to vape the wick, giving a burnt taste.

Main thing on that style of atomizer is not to over tighten onto the batt, can twist the wire causing shorts or hot spots. Do you test pulse the coils first to see it they are glowing evenly???

Since you allowed for saturation time on the wick, that shouldn't be and issue. Suspect the coil wires were twisted slightly when re-juicing and screwing back onto the batt. is the culprit.

Sandron419

Aug 5, 2014
Toledo, OH
I make sure that when I put the atomizer on the base the post part does not turn. Upon taking apart the coil is still intact. When rewicking I always do a pulse long enough to burn off juice buildup, then let off as soon as it glows. The thing I don't get is that my method has been the same since day one and them the last 4 I tried have all had this issue !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread