Button vs. draw-activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
So now we're starting to see supersmall devices to compete with iCare, like Eleaf iNano Full Kit but that, unlike the iCare, retain additional things about full mods like a button to activate a vape rather than have it automated by drawing.

For those who have used both types, what are the pros and cons of button vs. draw-activated?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So now we're starting to see supersmall devices to compete with iCare, like Eleaf iNano Full Kit but that, unlike the iCare, retain additional things about full mods like a button to activate a vape rather than have it automated by drawing.

For those who have used both types, what are the pros and cons of button vs. draw-activated?
The con to draw activated is that it almost always means there is a somewhat direct line from juice to the air activated switch, meaning juice can get into the airway and gunk it up.

Reactions: Eskie

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Actually I have experience with pods and other draw-activated. I'm looking for the simplest possible device (=fewer problems?), am considering a button device but I'm wondering if a button is a pain. I guess you push the button and wait for it to make vapor for a bit? Haven't used a button device so it's hard to visualize.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Would that be likely to cause spitback/gurgling/crackling?
spitback/gurgling, I think, is normally caused by too much liquid at the coil. The reason for too much liquid depends on the device and how you're using it. It could be that you're drawing too hard creating a "vacuum" and pulling to much juice into the wick, or the tank isn't sealed properly, or any other reason.
Actually I have experience with pods and other draw-activated. I'm looking for the simplest possible device (=fewer problems?), am considering a button device but I'm wondering if a button is a pain. I guess you push the button and wait for it to make vapor for a bit? Haven't used a button device so it's hard to visualize.
With a push button device you push the button as you're drawing on it, most coils will heat up near instantaneously. If you push the button for too long before drawing you'll just burn the coil. The liquid AND the air flowing across the coil are what keep it cool enough to create the aerosol but not burn.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread