The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Button vs. draw-activated?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Liazard, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Liazard

Liazard Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2016
    So now we're starting to see supersmall devices to compete with iCare, like Eleaf iNano Full Kit but that, unlike the iCare, retain additional things about full mods like a button to activate a vape rather than have it automated by drawing.

For those who have used both types, what are the pros and cons of button vs. draw-activated?

2. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The con to draw activated is that it almost always means there is a somewhat direct line from juice to the air activated switch, meaning juice can get into the airway and gunk it up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    The pro is it reproduces the experience of smoking by drawing on it rather than pushing a button to draw.

4. Liazard

Dec 13, 2016
    Would that be likely to cause spitback/gurgling/crackling?

5. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Got me. the only time I ever used something like that was a cigalike that never spit or gurgled. There is a whole section here on pod systems which is worth checking out on these devices

6. Liazard

Dec 13, 2016
    Actually I have experience with pods and other draw-activated. I'm looking for the simplest possible device (=fewer problems?), am considering a button device but I'm wondering if a button is a pain. I guess you push the button and wait for it to make vapor for a bit? Haven't used a button device so it's hard to visualize.

7. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

spitback/gurgling, I think, is normally caused by too much liquid at the coil. The reason for too much liquid depends on the device and how you're using it. It could be that you're drawing too hard creating a "vacuum" and pulling to much juice into the wick, or the tank isn't sealed properly, or any other reason.
    With a push button device you push the button as you're drawing on it, most coils will heat up near instantaneously. If you push the button for too long before drawing you'll just burn the coil. The liquid AND the air flowing across the coil are what keep it cool enough to create the aerosol but not burn.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I went from Cig-A-Likes to the Buck Naked Slim kit which was a button activated but still like a C-A-L and 1 week later bought a MOD and never looked back. I got some of the myJET kits and they are draw activated but doesn't compare to the hit off a tank. Just my opinion.............

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.