• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buying authentic batteries in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I've been looking around too and I just contacted Dashvapes to ask about their sourcing. They say they get them from Illumn, which is one of the American companies that's often recommended. I can't verify that myself, obviously, but they only carry highly-recommended brand name 18650s (including the 30Q) so I'm inclined to think they take their batteries seriously. I'm considering giving them a try.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
fake batteries are everywhere. anyone can say what supplier they use but their not going to show you their invoices , is the invoice even real?
best is to call their distributor, eg. Illumn, to see if they do sell to the retailer, but whos to say thats the only distributor they use
google how to identify Counterfeit 18650 Battery

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just a heads up that I have successfully ordered batteries from Lightning Vapes in the US with no problems on multiple occasions. Their Samsung and LG batteries are generally $5-6US with social17 discount code. 100% authentic.

Dash Vapes was mentioned and I have 100% faith in their batteries being authentic. They refuse to deal in ANY clone products including tanks and mods. Expensive though at $12-13/battery.

Next time I order batteries, it will be from Lightning. You can also get 100ft of quality wire AND a package of Native Wicks or Cotton Bacon cotton for $5-7 which is an amazing deal.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The last few years I've used Illumn. They test their batteries regularly. A couple of years ago they let a few counterfeit batts get through, but they quickly caught it, informed their customers about what happened and made things right with them.

I'll probably be be buying a new set of batteries later this year, maybe a dozen or so, and I'll check them out again then for sure. I'm willing to spend a few bucks more for that kind of dependability, not that they are expensive, but I think shipping to Canada is going up with them. Peace of mind is priceless though :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Canvape is very inexpensive and I've ordered plenty of other things with them with few problems, but I'm a bit worried that in seeking out those low prices they'd be a target for counterfeit sellers.

Yup. Canvape is my go-to local source for vape gear, but ... I hear ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread