JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Thanks again.

I came across the volcano e cig, I think she would like the package they offer and I am wandering if you think it is comparable to the KR808D-1 or 510.

I'm afraid that's uncharted territory for me. My understanding is the Volcano is similar to a Blu e-cig, and if that's the case, it's a totally different beast than a KR808D-1 or a 510.

Hopefully, someone who has some experience with that model will be able to answer your questions.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thanks again.

I came across the volcano e cig, I think she would like the package they offer and I am wandering if you think it is comparable to the KR808D-1 or 510.
The good thing about the KR808D-1 is the simplicity of the cartomizer.
The good thing about the 510 is the manual battery, which other models have as well.

The Blu has neither of those things as far as I know.
And the Volcano is a Blu as far as I know.

The good thing about the Blu, I guess, would be it's size.
Read the thread linked in my signature for more information.

jx88

Nov 27, 2009
u.s
Thanks for the info DC2, now I see the manual is diffrent but sounds like it would make a better vaping experience for her. Do you have to hold the button or just push it before every hit?

I see the KR808D-1 can be bought with the manual, do they have a real cigarette look though? I also came across the protege and jandy so I am trying to research them too, they look different but seem to be well liked.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
A 510 starter kit is the standard choice for me when buying for someone who wants to try out vaping.

Never once had any complaints from first time users (aside from the ocassional "I wish it looked more like a cigarette"...)

I see a lot of people recommending the 510 but I suspect that's not a great idea for someone if they are new to the whole e-cig thing - especially if they're not the type to like tinkering. I see a constant stream of complaints about the filling in the carts and switching to other materials, along with problems with atomizers and batteries, which could really scare a newbie away from vaping.

My next e-cig may be a 510 because I've read a lot about them I now have a grasp on how the whole thing works, but I would never recommend it to a new user.

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I see a lot of people recommending the 510 but I suspect that's not a great idea for someone if they are new to the whole e-cig thing - especially if they're not the type to like tinkering. I see a constant stream of complaints about the filling in the carts and switching to other materials along with problems with atomizers and batteries, which could really scare a newbie away from vaping.
The problems with batteries and atomizers are not any more frequent than any other model.
In fact, I would be willing to bet these issues are less frequent with the 510 model.

The thing is that it is by far the most popular model, so the complaints just seem to be more.

The issue with filler material holds for any model of device, including the battery mods.
It is a matter or whether or not the filler material wicks fast enough for you.

Wicking is a function of the following...
1) How long you go between drags
2) How thick your juice is
3) What kind of filler material you are using

The solution is one of the following...
1) Slow down your vaping
2) Stop using cartridges
3) Find ways to get juice to the atomizer faster

That last option is what using different filler materials is all about.
But it really has nothing to do with the 510 model itself.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm getting one for my aunt for christmas..and this is how I'm going about it..I'm gonna order an extra 510 and a KR808D-1 wrap them both and takewith me to the family gathering and I'm gonna let her try both of mine with me and let her try them both out and see which she likes better..whichever she doesn't pick...well then I have an extra kit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread