Buying our first set-up, looking for vendor advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DONE!

Finally committing to our first big purchase of vapey stuff. Yay! After hundreds of Youtube videos, much envy of mods and fancy stuff I don't understand, a ton of feedback from the people of this forum, and touching things in stores and them being mad that I'm not going to buy their overpriced junk, we have the winnars! (Note: I've purchased three Tsunami's already, and had terrible results detailed in another thread, so this isn't my -first- vape, it's my first -big- purchase...as in, 200+ bucks for two full vapes and accessories.)

I will be buying an MVP 2.0 with an Aspire nautilus mini and/or regular tank, and for the man, he will get an iTaste 134 with a Kanger Protank 3 or a Hypertank, depending on what site I can buy the most things on...lol

So, with that, comes the 20 different sites that have all the different things, and the many different price points. So I figure I'll just throw out some sites with the product and price, and I'm asking ya'll if you could let me know your experience with them and what sounds like the best deal. Also, I don't think I can post URLs so I'll just be as specific as possible so no one has to go on a scavenger hunt.

Also, as a bonus discussion, if you feel so inclined... What is, in your opinion, the best menthol flavor e-juice, and where can I find it? (side question, what does Mother's Milk taste like? lol)

• MVP 2.0:
    • 101vape - $39.99 (kit) - No refunds except for 48 hour DoA/defect return policy with strict wording about no refunds for used merch...(how do I test it is I can't use it...)
    • MadVapes - $57.95 (kit with an extra iClear tank) - No refunds except for DoA/defect within 14 days.
    • CompleteVape - $44.89 (kit) - 30 day return window.
    • VapingMe - $39.99 (kit) - 24 hour DoA refund policy.
    • JKVapes - $69.99 (kit, free 10 ml of e-juice) - 14 day exchange period for DoA/defective items, no refunds unless item is unavailable.

[*]iTaste 134:
    • MadVapes - $129 (no battery, no beauty ring)
    • CompleteVape - $134 (kit, no battery)
    • MyVaporStore - $145.32 (kit, no battery) - 72 hour exchange period for DoA/defective items.
    • Misthub - $128.99 (kit, free battery) (BONUS! Possible 5% off by following social sites) - 30 day exchange.
    • FastTech - $107.26 (kit, no battery) - 30 day money back guarantee, 6 month exchange period for defective items (this is seriously too good to be true)
  • Tanks:
    • FastTech has tanks at half to a 1/3 lower price than the rest of the sites, but it's all shown without the real packaging, leading me to think it's fake...especially considering every single product says GENUINE!!1112121... (little exaggeration, but still...)
    • CravingVapor - Nautilus reg: 29.99, Protank 3: 20.99 - 21 day return policy, lacking detail and terms.
    • 101Vape - Nautilus reg: 22.99, Mini: 24.99
    • VapingMe - Protank 3: 14.99, Nautilus mini: 28.99
    • JKVapes - Nautilus V2(?): 35.99, Protank 3: 19.99
    • MyVaporStore - Nautilus reg: 29.95, Protank 3: 17.96
    • MistHub - Nautilus BVC mini: 35.95, Protank 3: 19.99
    • ViperVape - Hypertank - 17.99 (seems really hard to find)

Now, the reason why I'm so specific about the return policy is me and my guy have had terrible luck with three defective Tsunami products, both batteries and tanks, and I think someone's putting ladders over top of us while we sleep or something...so yeah, reliable returns and good customer service is a necessity to avoid more headache.

FastTech is a clear winner on price, but I can't get past the fact that the site looks sketchy...

So yeah, any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance! ^^

Update:

Aspire Nautilus BVC Mini, GOT! $19.99
iTaste 134, GOT! $139.95 with battery, charger, AND free 10 ml e-juice!
Aspire Nautilus, GOT! Overpaid. D: However, with 20% off, free shipping, the 134, and some e-juice on the side, it was freeeee!
MVP 2.0 Energy Edition, Petals, GOT! $48 including shipping! (Considering the cost of skins and separate shipping, I'ma say I did gud)
Protank 3, GOT! $14.99.

And so, this completes my search for vendors and my first big purchase. 5 sites, a little over 300 bucks, and we should be set for the next 6 months! ...yeah, probably not, but a girl can hope.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice! ^^

Last edited:

RaiderJeff

Aug 27, 2014
California
O.k., my disclaimer is that I'm a noob as well. But I tried to do my homework before investing in any product. like you, I watched multiple youtube videos that rated juices and the various equipment needed to vape. I also read a bunch of reviews from the good folks on this site.

Taking into consideration that I have limited experience, this is the tank for me...The Nautilus BVC mini. I heard rave reviews about this tank, so I jumped on it. I wasn't sure about all the hype, but after 6 days of vaping with it, I can honestly say that so far it's been a great tank. I got it at World of Vape for a total of $29.30 (price includes shipping). In addition, it took three days to arrive after I placed my order.

I use an eVic mod from joyetech with my Nautilus tanks. It's a good mod. Not top of the line, but I've been happy with it. The size is little bit cumbersome and you might want something smaller.

Almost forgot, always look for coupons. This site will direct you to some coupons or you can do a general search and stumble upon some good deals, such as free shipping, etc.

One last thing. If this is your first purchase, may I suggest that you visit an actual e-cig store instead of purchasing something online, at least for your first purchase. If something breaks or you find out you don't want a particular item, than it will be much easier and quicker to return it. Further, I've found that e-cig store owners, in general, want to make things right by making the customer happy, even if you made a mistake. After all, they know that you'll probably come back to buy more goodies if you're happy with your first visit. You may pay a little more, but you're more likely to get what you want.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with these other sites, however, I will warn you to be careful with FastTech. They are cheap, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" ... and this happens often with FastTech.
Often, you may be looking at 2-3 weeks waiting for your product. The second issue, many products are cloned. Sometimes clones work, but I've had 2 "ego" batteries that broke in one week! Of course, I say "ego" because they weren't even authentic. If these had of worked, I wouldn't complain, because prices are great.
Another word of advice, check Steals and Deals thread on here, there are always really good deals posted and you may find what you want just happens to be on sale. Keep in mind, registered vendors are listed on EFC and most any of these are tried and true vendors, with the quality I think your wanting.
Good luck in your search!! Hang in there; this ecig stuff takes a little dedication, but your health is so worth it!!!
P. S. - I got an MVP 2.0, you seem practical (like myself), so I believe you'll enjoy it. It's easy to use, charge lasts 2-3 days, works with protank type toppers really well, and charges with cell phone type charger... Good pick!!!

Taking into consideration that I have limited experience, this is the tank for me...The Nautilus BVC mini. I heard rave reviews about this tank, so I jumped on it. I wasn't sure about all the hype, but after 6 days of vaping with it, I can honestly say that so far it's been a great tank. You saw it for $35.95, I got it at World of Vape for a total of $29.30 (price includes shipping). In addition, it took three days to arrive after I placed my order.

Almost forgot, always look for coupons. This site will direct you to some coupons or you can do a general search and stumble upon some good deals, such as free shipping, etc.

One last thing. If this is your first purchase, may I suggest that you visit an actual e-cig store instead of purchasing something online, at least for your first purchase. If something breaks or you find out you don't want a particular item, than it will be much easier and quicker to return it. Further, I've found that store owners, in general, want to make things right by making the customer happy, even if you made a mistake. After all, they know that you'll probably come back to buy more goodies if you're happy with your first visit. You may pay a little more, but you'll be more likely to get what you want.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the site suggestion, I'm seeing some nice prices on there. I also didn't know about coupons, so that's another fun bit to add to the mix. lol

As for physical stores, I've called around and either they don't have products, they are 30-50% mark-ups, or they have a no returns, period, policy. This is my first big purchase, not my first purchase. lol I've got another thread about my horrendous first purchase.

Also, thanks Jonny and Nate, I'll take FastTech off the list of possibilities. :D

I don't have any experience with these other sites, however, I will warn you to be careful with FastTech. They are cheap, but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" ... and this happens often with FastTech.
Often, you may be looking at 2-3 weeks waiting for your product. The second issue, many products are cloned. Sometimes clones work, but I've had 2 "ego" batteries that broke in one week! Of course, I say "ego" because they weren't even authentic. If these had of worked, I wouldn't complain, because prices are great.
Another word of advice, check Steals and Deals thread on here, there are always really good deals posted and you may find what you want just happens to be on sale. Keep in mind, registered vendors are listed on EFC and most any of these are tried and true vendors, with the quality I think your wanting.
Good luck in your search!! Hang in there; this ecig stuff takes a little dedication, but your health is so worth it!!!
P. S. - I got an MVP 2.0, you seem practical (like myself), so I believe you'll enjoy it. It's easy to use, charge lasts 2-3 days, works with protank type toppers really well, and charges with cell phone type charger... Good pick!!!

Thanks!

I knew there'd be a drawback to FastTech.

I did not know about the Steals and Deals thread. Last time I checked the main forum page, I couldn't see the vendor thingy, so I just went ahead and stuck to the new member forum. But I'll do a search for that now.

smgrundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.vaporality.com
I think all of you make good points. I can tell you, having used most clearomizer tank styles, there are two that stand out and I continue to use them as they release new versions. The Aerotank, iClear 30s, and my new favorite - the Aspire Nautilus mini. As far as vendors are concerned, I've used quite a few on your list. Madvapes and myvaporstore are 2 that I use regularly. I do use fasttech at times, but you have to pay attention to the shipping times. If it says "ships in 7 business days", then you can expect to wait longer (obviously) than if it says "in stock" or "ships next day", but even then it can take some time being that it's coming from China. Angelcigs is a fairly new(ish) site that has fast-tech like prices (and products) but warehouses and ships them from the US so they might be worth taking a peek at.

The MVP is an all around solid choice for someone new to vaping. It's easy to use, dependable, and looks really good as well. If a box mod is not the form factor you're looking for, then the 134 is a solid choice for a cylindrical mod, although some claim that it can be a bit bulky to carry with them. Personally, if Innokin is the brand you are set on, you might take a look at the VTR. It's a box mod, functioning similar to the MVP, but in a more compact package (at least in height), because of the recessed 510. Unfortunately, I don't think the Nautilus mini will fit in the 18mm opening of the VTR, so you'd have to go with a regular aerotank or aerotank mini, or an iClear 30s....or something along those lines.

The suggestion I would give in the end, would be similar to RaiderJeff, visit some brick & mortar shops. There you can hold the mods and see what they will feel like when carrying them. This will really give you the opportunity to make the most informed decision....and seeing as how popular the equipment you are considering is, most shops will carry them.

Welcome to vaping and good luck!! Let us know what you end up choosing!!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here is the link for the Deals and Steals thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals.html

101vapes is a very good vendor. Their price for the MVP is great. Watch for Labor Day sales. You should be able to pick up that 134 for a better price. RTD Vapor is the place to get your batteries. They are doing a 25% off sale for Labor Day, but not on batteries. Check them out.

Here is another thread for more resources.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...op-reference-shop-new-experienced-vapers.html

Welcome to ECF and have fun with this.

smgrundy:

The MVP is for me, and my guy hand-picked the 134. I considered the VTR, but it's just too niche for me. I could technically get it to work with a Nautilus Mini, but the lack of utility that is present with the MVP leads me to pass on it for now.

In my third sentence, I state that we went to stores and touched their stuff, but thanks for the advice.

ShariR:

Thanks! I did a search for it and with the deals on there, made my first two purchases and cleared half my list of wants. Just need to settle on a site for the MVP2 and Protank 3.

Moved On
Aug 28, 2014
Shenzhen,China
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread