California Vaping Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
In surprise move, California governor proposes ban on vaping, similar to Trump's planned policy

The Democratic governor of California launched a plan Monday that is eerily similar to a plan devised one week ago by Republican President Donald Trump. Both plans aim to eradicate widespread usage of flavored e-cigarettes, or vaping, by underage citizens.

More links ...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Newsom said he supports banning all flavored vaping products, but has been advised that he does not have the legal authority to do so without legislative action. The governor said he plans to work with state lawmakers next year to outlaw the products."

California Gov. Gavin Newsom takes executive action on vaping and e-cigarettes

Empty Drum Beating for the Purpose of Headline Clicks.

Because Next Year the FDA's Drop Dead Date is going to happen. And e-Cigarettes are going to fall under the Sword of Damocles.

So it Isn't really going to matter.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
"Newsom said he supports banning all flavored vaping products, but has been advised that he does not have the legal authority to do so without legislative action. The governor said he plans to work with state lawmakers next year to outlaw the products."

California Gov. Gavin Newsom takes executive action on vaping and e-cigarettes

Empty Drum Beating for the Purpose of Headline Clicks.

Because Next Year the FDA's Drop Dead Date is going to happen. And e-Cigarettes are going to fall under the Sword of Damocles.

So it Isn't really going to matter.

Yeah all the new bans and stuff has sort of had a surreal beating the dead horse feel to me this past week or so.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah all the new bans and stuff has sort of had a surreal beating the dead horse feel to me this past week or so.

Hey but you get to stand up there with the State Seal on the Podium and that Used Car Salesman Smile telling the Uninformed Masses how you are Tirelessly Working to Protect them from all the Evils of the World.

Be them Real or Misleading.

That is the Cheese that Few Politicians in today's age can pass up.

BTW - Did our friend Mr. Newsom happen to mention when he is going to Release the CA Department of Health Data that Quantitatively shows there will be a Significant Improvement in Public Health if e-Cigarette Legislation are enacted?

Or, for that matter, ANY Scientific Data from Previous or Ongoing Studies showing that Flavors Bans have a Meaningful Effect on Teen Use?

BTW2 - Did he also Mention what CA Regulations are in Place for Diluting or "Cutting" Agents in the CA Cannabis Market?

BTW3 - Did he Also Mention how many Californians (both Republican and Democratic) Died from Smoking on the day he gave this Statement?

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
BTW3 - Did he Also Mention how many Californians (both Republican and Democratic) Died from Smoking on the day he gave this Statement?[/QUOTE]

Yes he did reply:

"I don't give a sh** Big Tobacco gives so much money in Taxes and more importantly, Donations, a lot more people should smoke" He went to say "Let's get more handout's, I know a vaping ban sounds good".

Or was this just a nightmare I had?

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
upload_2019-9-17_19-31-38.jpeg

This was probably all decided a year ago, maybe more. Who knows. I wonder if there's an actual script, or if they just feed off of each other's leads like improv. Fodder for the masses.

They haven't broken the news to smokers yet that cigs will go bye-bye or be prescription only. And IDK how long it will take for that to happen (huge black market). But once cheaper heat-not-burn, patented, whatevers are widely available, kiss grass roots vaping and eventually cigs, goodbye. Or just taxed into oblivion. Either way. And the green-vapes too. Obviously needs more regulation, right? ;) ;) ;)

It's already over. And no, they aren't stupid. Neither politicians nor the CDC are this oblivious. This is all show and script.
:2c:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
View attachment 838985

This was probably all decided a year ago, maybe more. Who knows. I wonder if there's an actual script, or if they just feed off of each other's leads like improv. Fodder for the masses.

They haven't broken the news to smokers yet that cigs will go bye-bye or be prescription only. And IDK how long it will take for that to happen (huge black market). But once cheaper heat-not-burn, patented, whatevers are widely available, kiss grass roots vaping and eventually cigs, goodbye. Or just taxed into oblivion. Either way. And the green-vapes too. Obviously needs more regulation, right? ;) ;) ;)

It's already over. And no, they aren't stupid. Neither politicians nor the CDC are this oblivious. This is all show and script.
When the deeming dropped I made a couple posts to the effect that this wall all a dog and pony show to kill the mom and pop industry and hand control of the nic demon back to BT. It was pure speculation on my part then, and now, but it is funny how this is all playing out to that very end game...BT plays the LOOONG GAME. They are in it to win it.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Just ask yourself:

Does picking on vaping when there's 400,000+ deaths per year from smoking make sense? No.
Hasn't BT pretty much proclaimed a "smoke free future"? (yes).
What's the trade off? What's the back room deal?

In exchange for eliminating cigs (eventually, long game) they get the nic market.

Simple. The rest is show.
We're all collateral damage.

It's not just BT. It's "the deal" (no/few cigs long term).
And the green will be heavily regulated too...because "tampering".

Think of all that, and all this nonsensical "show" makes sense. Including "tobacco flavors". They have to get rid of THE CIGS. They're paying off BT by giving them the vape market.

Best guess, and :2c:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Just ask yourself:

Does picking on vaping when there's 400,000+ deaths per year from smoking make sense? No.
Hasn't BT pretty much proclaimed a "smoke free future"? (yes).
What's the trade off? What's the back room deal?

In exchange for eliminating cigs (eventually, long game) they get the nic market.

Simple. The rest is show.
We're all collateral damage.

It's not just BT. It's "the deal" (no/few cigs long term).
And the green will be heavily regulated too...because "tampering".

Think of all that, and all this nonsensical "show" makes sense. Including "tobacco flavors". They have to get rid of THE CIGS. They're paying off BT by giving them the vape market.

Best guess, and :2c:

I work in software that deals with the green stuff. And let me tell you how stringent the regulations are for that. If you are missing just any % of the weight unaccounted, then hefty fines and even losing their license.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
I work in software that deals with the green stuff. And let me tell you how stringent the regulations are for that. If you are missing just any % of the weight unaccounted, then hefty fines and even losing their license.
Yeah, and that's just for starters. Wait until BT takes over your market, professionally. The regulations (that they'll manage to pass, but you probably won't) will be huge.

That's just how it works when Big-Corps own congress in an Oligarchy.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Yeah, and that's just for starters. Wait until BT takes over your market, professionally. The regulations (they they'll manage to pass, but you won't) will be huge.

That's just how it works when Big-Corps own congress in an Oligarchy.

I am fine with that because that means more development, more consulting, and more support. All of which is billable for me. So I guess that can be seen as job and economic security.

But most of our larger customers are not in the US, so US BT can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread