Calix v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I don't think we will make v1s again. We are trying for a mini Cage but we have trouble with the design. :(
Sad about the V1's...

And I'm excited to see how the Mini Cage turns out...I know how much your team loves a challenge, and how clever your engineering is!
It's going to look great!

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Can someone show me the maximum the 510 extends past the threads? I am hoping to pick up a V2 Cage for use on a mech. And does the V2 Cage come with a drip tip?
I will post a pic and exact measurement tomorrow from the office. :)
The Cage edition of the Calix v2 doesn't come with a drip tip.

Reactions: sig-cmt

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Bill I had completely forgotten, that there were glass tanks for the Calix, any idea when they will be back in stock?

Thanks
KAS
Because of some rare cases of a liquid detaching the glass and getting negative feedback after detachment from rough cleaning, even with the instructions inside the v1, we are looking for a new bonding material, that will be tougher. We don't know how long it will take to find one, but until then, they will be out of stock :(

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I just got to know about this rta. Looks like i'm getting myself a cage. Can anyone provide some comment on the airflow for direct lung hitter like myself?
You won't be sorry!

As a converted lung hitter, I asked for side airflow from ByLeo...
Many people did.
Then, ByLeo released the Calix v2, which has WIDE OPEN adjustable side-airflow.
So my airflow, in fact, that I ended up downgrading(?)/changing to a Calix v1.
----
That being said, I'm a lung hitter, on stock Kayfun Lites...so my idea of a lung hit is very restricted.
The Calix v2 airflow is exactly what you should expect from a modern, side-airflow tank.
The best part about it is: It was built to perfection by ByLeo.
So you win no matter what.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Because of some rare cases of a liquid detaching the glass and getting negative feedback after detachment from rough cleaning, even with the instructions inside the v1, we are looking for a new bonding material, that will be tougher. We don't know how long it will take to find one, but until then, they will be out of stock :(

Thanks for the info. :)

KAS

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
How do you guys' rate PBusardo's review of the V2?
Well, I don't have a Calix (only Sophias) but I watched the video. And because Sophias have a liquid control too, maybe I qualify as someone who can say something at least about liquid control (and about Phil B.'s judgement about it).

B. says about the liquid control: "you can get yourself into trouble with this ... because I got myself into trouble ...". And he also said that the adjustment is so fine that it is difficult to manoeuvre between burnt, just right and flooded. Well ... is it?

I think that to manoeuvre between burnt, just-right and flooded is difficult not with - but without liquid control. Because without liquid control you are completely dependent on features you cannot change without either rebuilding the coil and/or the wick or changing the viscosity of your liquid. Both are interventions on a larger scale. Liquid control is the dedicated easy - no: easiest way to adjust liquid flow *without* getting yourself into trouble ... so on the basis of my humble but daily experience with liquid control I just don't understand what he means with "this is my biggest issue".

Mr. B., this is not a bug, this is a feature! :) and a very good one, at that. Of course, somebody who buys a Calix and is new to this kind of liquid control will have to learn and respect the difference between a half-turn and a whole one.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, I don't have a Calix (only Sophias) but I watched the video. And because Sophias have a liquid control too, maybe I qualify as someone who can say something at least about liquid control (and about Phil B.'s judgement about it).

B. says about the liquid control: "you can get yourself into trouble with this ... because I got myself into trouble ...". And he also said that the adjustment is so fine that it is difficult to manoeuvre between burnt, just right and flooded. Well ... is it?

I think that to manoeuvre between burnt, just-right and flooded is difficult not with - but without liquid control. Because without liquid control you are completely dependent on features you cannot change without either rebuilding the coil and/or the wick or changing the viscosity of your liquid. Both are interventions on a larger scale. Liquid control is the dedicated easy - no: easiest way to adjust liquid flow *without* getting yourself into trouble ... so on the basis of my humble but daily experience with liquid control I just don't understand what he means with "this is my biggest issue".

Mr. B., this is not a bug, this is a feature! :) and a very good one, at that. Of course, somebody who buys a Calix and is new to this kind of liquid control will have to learn and respect the difference between a half-turn and a whole one.
^Exactly my thoughts.

Rob Stobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Cambridgeshire UK
To be perfectly honest..... and it pains me to say this believe me, I have always enjoyed Busardo's reviews but this.... I would treat this with the same contempt that I did Grimm Green's review of the V1.:( I'm sorry if that offends some of you.
I watched and listened and found myself wondering whether I was using the same RTA!! I feel that he misses the point completely and as I said, was really disappointed by the whole review.
"Can't do Direct Lung Hits"..... Really Phil?
Comparable to a Keyfun V4? Really Phil?
He missed one major trick, he used 50/50 liquid, nothing wrong with that per se, it's what I use most of the time, but a Calix (Not a Caylix :mad: ) can handle anything and supremely well at that!!
He thinks the Juice Control to be very fine on adjustment? Well I suppose it is if you are going to compare it to something similar to The Rose or a Kayfun, but I am very biased, I adore all of my Calix and have ditched just about everything else that I owned, Ubertoots, TilemahosV2, SquapeR, RoseV2 etc etc.

I get the feeling that like many other reviewers, Busardo didn't take time to really get to know what The Calix is all about. At no time did he mention what happens when you balance the Juice Control with the Airflow Control, such a rewarding experience, but completely missed out in this review.

OK, I am sure that we all agree that there are going to be similarities between RTA 1 and RTA10 by now, but whenever I am asked about my Calix, the first thing I really go to town about is the Flavour it can produce and the tremendous flexibility that the Build Deck offers. Lets see you doing Triple or Quad Coils on your Kayfun V4 then Mr B.;)

All in all, a huge disappointment from my point of view and proof positive that as a Reviewer, few, if any, can compare to our very own @qorax Stan :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Sad about the V1's...

And I'm excited to see how the Mini Cage turns out...I know how much your team loves a challenge, and how clever your engineering is!
It's going to look great!
Don't get sad just yet :D
Let me look into it a bit. :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Don't get sad just yet :D
Let me look into it a bit. :)
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Don't get me wrong...
I like my v2!
But there's just something about the v1 that is different and magical!
(Not to mention I'm picky about height...so I'll be grabbing a Nano setup for my v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread