The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Calling all Mod Experts

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by thecoronersgambit, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. thecoronersgambit

thecoronersgambit Full Member

Jan 20, 2012
    lexington, KY
    Ive been a member here for a while now, but do a lot more reading than posting. Ive used e-cigs and APVs for about 3 years now, and had an njoy back in, i think it was, 2006. Anyway, I've finally decided its time to build a mod. Im pretty good with repairing my own equipment, and computers, Ive got some basic soldering experience, but am not terribly well educated on wiring, circuitry,and the like. So, Ive got some questions for some of you who may be more experienced than I. I'm currently just researching and sourcing my materials. I'm building a VV or VW Box with LCD display and hopefully a recess for my Atty/Clearo/Tank. Ive got some samples on the way for plastic enclosures for a box mod, as well as a few wood box options and have several ideas as to what i want. SO, Heres what I'm looking for:

1. What boards are there out there that will give me the ability to use VV and or VW as well as an LCD or LED display, and where can I find them? (Im aware of and am considering both DNA models, and the Nivel chip, but for a first shot something cheaper than the dna 20 or Nivel might be a good idea)

2. I really, really like this switch. http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/PV6.pdf Would it work for what I have planned? Ive found, this is something I could get a sample of, which is almost as awesome as the look of the switch itself.

3. Ive looked around and cant seem to find any wiring diagrams or tutorials on wiring an LCD display up to the dna 12. I know this is possible because Ive seen it on another forum. How is this done?

4. Any suggestions for a relative newb to keep in mind? Tips? Tricks?

2. WillyB

WillyB Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    USA
    Well I won one of these, it appears to have a very similar switch.

[​IMG]

It lights up blue when pushed. The problem is pushing it, the flush button just ain't cutting it. Total fail, I never use it.

In the link you posted I'd opt for the 'High Actuator' version they list.

3. thecoronersgambit

thecoronersgambit Full Member

Jan 20, 2012
    lexington, KY
    Thanks for the input. I will definitely keep that in mind. Youre right that does appear to be a very similar if not identical switch.

4. Vapant

Vapant Full Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Cumbria UK
    Have you thought about gluing a 7mm Round Cabochon to the button to make it a raised one?

5. retird

retird Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Displays like this are easily connected to the DNA12.....just wire inline with the atty connector.....note the voltage will not display with the DNA12 unless an atty/carto in attached....

from madvapes

Battery Voltage Indicator

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.