Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been a member here for a while now, but do a lot more reading than posting. Ive used e-cigs and APVs for about 3 years now, and had an njoy back in, i think it was, 2006. Anyway, I've finally decided its time to build a mod. Im pretty good with repairing my own equipment, and computers, Ive got some basic soldering experience, but am not terribly well educated on wiring, circuitry,and the like. So, Ive got some questions for some of you who may be more experienced than I. I'm currently just researching and sourcing my materials. I'm building a VV or VW Box with LCD display and hopefully a recess for my Atty/Clearo/tank. Ive got some samples on the way for plastic enclosures for a box mod, as well as a few wood box options and have several ideas as to what i want. SO, Heres what I'm looking for:

1. What boards are there out there that will give me the ability to use VV and or VW as well as an LCD or LED display, and where can I find them? (Im aware of and am considering both dna models, and the Nivel chip, but for a first shot something cheaper than the dna 20 or Nivel might be a good idea)

2. I really, really like this switch. http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/PV6.pdf Would it work for what I have planned? Ive found, this is something I could get a sample of, which is almost as awesome as the look of the switch itself.

3. Ive looked around and cant seem to find any wiring diagrams or tutorials on wiring an LCD display up to the dna 12. I know this is possible because Ive seen it on another forum. How is this done?

4. Any suggestions for a relative newb to keep in mind? Tips? Tricks?

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well I won one of these, it appears to have a very similar switch.

Persei_Chrome_Double_Top%281%29__03887_zoom.jpg

It lights up blue when pushed. The problem is pushing it, the flush button just ain't cutting it. Total fail, I never use it.

In the link you posted I'd opt for the 'High Actuator' version they list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread