Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 3 weeks ago I bought a green smoke kit and have not smoked a cigarette since! I initially thought that the green smoke was great... still do actually. But... I have some issues. I hate hate hate the tobacco flavored cartomizers. Hate them! I had bought some variety packs when I got my batteries and love the mocha, the vanilla isn't bad and I can totally stand the menthol. But I cannot take the tobacco and am stuck with several of them. So then I had the bight idea to just buy my own liquid and refill them. Order online, it gets here, I thought the new flavor and the tobacco would mingle in the cartomizers and I would get a hybrid of the two. WRONG! They all taste horrible. Some still taste like tobacco only, some just taste nasty including the ones that were not tobacco to start with.. I haven't had the chance yet to try any other liquids from other places but these taste awful. So, my questions.... I did see on the V2 website where they had an adapter to change from a 808d-2 to a 808d-1, this would open up some options right? I'm tapped out after buying all that I have so far, and leery about spending more money at this point. Right now I've spent 3 times more than I would have on cigarettes and I'm not willing at this point to change to a different style, system, et cetera because I just can't afford it. If I buy the adaptor should I save up and buy a mini tank? Clearomozer? Should I buy blank cartomizers so the juice I bought can be tried "on its own"? Does my juice just suck?

Sorry! This is getting long, I'm just confused, broke and I don't know anyone in real life who vapes to ask for help and there's no vape stores or anything like that near me :( I don't want to go back to smoking but for that to happen I need to enjoy vaping, which, at this point, I am not.

Last edited:
Well I am new too so bare with me. Your juice may suck to you. I have about 30 flavors all highly recommended and some suck to me while others I haven't seen mentioned on here are fab to me- it seems to be extremely variable between each vaper. Many juices need a week or a month to steep before their yummyness makes it's appearance so give the juice some time.

I am not familiar with green smoke other than it's not as versatile as say an eGo system so I might smoke what you have now and save for something with the 510 threading since that opens up a door to no return as far as options. E cigs also need to be cleaned which can effect flavor and need parts changed out frequently. I would go to a local vape store and play with their systems, try their juices, and play with sample packs on line until you find a few flavors you like. Apparently our tastes will change as we get further and further away from analogs so hold onto the ones you hate now you may enjoy them in another month:)

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
I totally agree. I'd not wish a cig a like to my worst friend! And this seems like a closed system and designed to take your money. Again and again as you are finding out?

Great way to start a vap is EVOD kit. Under 30 bucks. Check this out.

Sample set : fasttech.com/products/0/10004766/1368502-ego-evod-6-in-1-rechargeable-900mah-electronic
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer: fasttech.com/products/0/10004691/1363501-evod-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-atomizer-15
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) : fasttech.com/product/1387600

Get some ejuice from MT.Baker.

Above totals under 30 bucks and you will be sailing smooth.

Cheers dude.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
I totally agree. I'd not wish a cig a like to my worst friend! And this seems like a closed system and designed to take your money. Again and again as you are finding out?

Great way to start a vap is EVOD kit. Under 30 bucks. Check this out.

Sample set : fasttech.com/products/0/10004766/1368502-ego-evod-6-in-1-rechargeable-900mah-electronic
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer: fasttech.com/products/0/10004691/1363501-evod-electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-atomizer-15
EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) : fasttech.com/product/1387600

Get some ejuice from MT.Baker.

Above totals under 30 bucks and you will be sailing smooth.

Cheers dude.

Linkies :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Sorry to say that Green smoke is one of the worst models on the market. But many of us started that way. Plus taste is very subjective, so you might just not like the eliquid you bought, also. When you have the funds, I would suggest upgrading your PV (personal vaporizer) to a better model such as the iTaste V3:

Innokin iTaste VV ( V3.0) Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage Express Kit

An eliquid site that has gotten many positive reviews is Heather's Heavenly Vapes. Her Apple-Tobacco is pretty good. Finding an eliquid you like is a "trail & error" process that we all have had to go through. And finding a tobacco flavor that actually tastes like the real thing is pretty difficult:

Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Note: I grew up right down the road from you.

Last edited:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
KSidwell, Don't let this totally turn you off from e cigs. I spent almost 3 months in the beginning with cig-like setups. They are still way better than smoking cigarettes. Even if it's just to cut back. You're best bet is probably going to be blank cartomizers you can fill yourself. Brb with some links...must...drink...coffee ;)

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
I started vaping by using Green Smoke. It was enough to get me off cigarettes, I was more than okay using them if I didn't know there were better devices out there. That said, if you don't like the flavours, you could try a few of the disposables out there, like the NJOY King. Or you could take the plunge and buy a mod, even if it's something modest like an Ego. At any rate, you have your foot in the vaping door, and as long as you can find something you're happy with, you'll be better off in the long run, instead of going back to cigarettes. Good luck. :)

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I would suggest going with the adapter & maybe then getting some blank cartos. You can then fill those up with any flavor juice you want & will get some use out of your ecig kit.

I don't have experience with the one you're using. But I did use Blu for a long time & had to get blank cartos & fill my own since their juice was not working for me.

At some point you will probably want to move to something like an ego battery & tank of some sort. But using the adapter & blank cartos should work for you for a while until you get to that point.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Welcome. You've gotten some good advice so far.

I understand your frustration about the money you've spent, and not wanting to throw good money after bad, but startup costs for vaping are significant. It can take a while and some investment to find stuff you like. Once you do though, savings can be significant. Some people get into ecigs as a hobby, and may not end up saving money over cigs, but you don't have to do that. Once you find a battery you like, and a couple of liquids, your spending can decrease dramatically (if that's what you want).

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
In the beginning before you find your perfect setup, things can be trying. At least it was for me too. I also understand what you mean about being broke. Unfortunately it does take an initial investment, but it doesn't have to be back-breaking. A couple protanks and a decent VV mod will run about $100, but they will be dependable. I started on Blu so I know what you mean. Those cartridges are terribly expensive and didn't last very long. I feel for ya because I know where you're coming from. I will tell you that the money I've saved on cigs has more than paid for my vaping stuff.

ksin291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In the beginning before you find your perfect setup, things can be trying. At least it was for me too. I also understand what you mean about being broke. Unfortunately it does take an initial investment, but it doesn't have to be back-breaking. A couple protanks and a decent VV mod will run about $100, but they will be dependable. I started on Blu so I know what you mean. Those cartridges are terribly expensive and didn't last very long. I feel for ya because I know where you're coming from. I will tell you that the money I've saved on cigs has more than paid for my vaping stuff.

Not to mention saving your lungs and health. As many have said the initial start up costs can be a little daunting, so for just now, you will want to just get the blank carto's already linked. Then get some sample packs from popular vendors to try different juices. I don't know how well it would work in the cartos, since it's 100% vg, but bobas bounty from ave is an excellent vape. Hints of chocolate, graham cracker and an earthy tobacco taste make it simply delicious. It's quickly turned into my first all day vape, just be sure to buy it from avejuice.com and not the knock off floating around when you google it. It is also said that it requires some steeping, 2-3 weeks, to be just right but mine was awesome right out of the mailbox, if it gets any better I may need to order myself another 100mg bottle or two. Also, let some of your juices steep for a while if you don't like the taste right out of the bottle now, especially tobacco juices. Try them in a blank carto as well, putting a new juice in a prefilled cart of another flavor can seriously throw your flavors off.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I would suggest going with the adapter & maybe then getting some blank cartos. You can then fill those up with any flavor juice you want & will get some use out of your ecig kit.

I don't have experience with the one you're using. But I did use Blu for a long time & had to get blank cartos & fill my own since their juice was not working for me.

At some point you will probably want to move to something like an ego battery & tank of some sort. But using the adapter & blank cartos should work for you for a while until you get to that point.

This. I agree with the above!! The adapter might help out without straining your budget any worse. I've been where you are. Some don't understand when you say you are "broke" it's not rhetorical. As for the cartos with the mixed juices...you could try spinning the juice out and cleaning the cartomizer to start fresh. You can Google for instructions for "cleaning cartomizers" (or something similar) and "Taryn Spin". You can jury rig your own lanyard for the Taryn Spin (once you've looked it up) with stuff around the house. Good luck!! Don't let those telling you to go out and buy buy buy discourage you. You can salvage what you have until you learn a bit more about PVs and what are out there...and you are in the right place here at ECF!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread