The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

can i charge a ego batt with

Discussion in 'Battery Issues' started by ericscott, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ericscott

ericscott Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Grove city ohio
    Can i use a reg 510 charger with my ego batty i orderd my buddy 2 ego battys with a reg 510 charger they did not have any ego chargers?

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    You can use a 510 charger to charge an eGo battery but it is going to take awhile.

BUT, you can NOT charge a 510 battery with a eGo charger. It will ruin a 510 battery.

3. chimney55

chimney55 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2010
    NW Arkansas
  4. Cee_Jay

Cee_Jay Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Rochester NY
    510 charger = 300ma
    eGo charger = 420ma
    Total time about 40% longer

5. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    My ego charger output is 500mAh

6. REGGAEGEEK

REGGAEGEEK Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    West Georgia
  7. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    I have a joye510 charger in front of me, the threads are inset into the charging apparatus, how do you get the threads of the ego to go into the charger to make a connection. There is no way to get the battery into that hole without an adapter. Please let us know which 510 charger you are using.

8. Cee_Jay

Oct 16, 2010
    Rochester NY
    You'll need to modify the 510 charger, cutting the plastic away enough to clear the 'fat-batt'.

All four of my eGo chargers are 5V 500ma INPUT and 4.2v 420ma OUTPUT. Maybe older types since they came in Riva kits ?? 500ma output would charge slightly faster.

9. Prodigal441

Prodigal441 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    NH
    The 510 usb chargers I have are only 150mA. My eGo usb is 420mA. Both work fine. It just takes longer with the 510 usb. Just don't try to charge your 510 battery with the eGo. You will not be happy when you kill your 510 battery.

10. Cee_Jay

Oct 16, 2010
    Rochester NY
    My bad - 510 chargers ARE 150ma. Perhaps I need new glasses............

11. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    What I would like is an eGo USB charger that actually works. The two I got so far, don't. So for me the only option is the 510 charger - but luckily it's fine, with the adapter. Doesn't really matter how long it takes if you have enough batts. If you're worrying about the time it takes, maybe you need another battery?

12. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Do you think it's the chargers or could it be the USB port. My USB charger will charge from my desktop but not from my notebook computer's usb port.

13. Cee_Jay

Oct 16, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Same experience here, about half of my eGo's won't charge from the 'puter - but work fine on the wall supply.
    Gotta love 20% tolerances . . . . . .

14. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I might be mistaken but I remember there is a way to set the max power to a USB port in XP sp3. I'll look around and see if that might be the cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.