Can I fix my burnt Evod coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
sterile cotton balls from CVS are 3 bucks for a very large supply, no idea how a cotton ball off the shelf at home would taste...some folks boil their cotton to get some of the odd tastes out before using it as wick material.

the CVS ones I just use right out of the box, just DO make sure to prime it with juice after you re-wick..otherwise ..WOOSH! burnt cotton gymsock vapes.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Don't do what I did to my first Evod, which was try and pull out the main wick from the coil, with the results being destroying the coil, LOL! It did, however lead me to learning to wrap coils and my current arsenal of rebuildables, LOL!

You can 'dry burn' to get gunk off of the coils and wick as well as soaking in vodka, but please insure the vodka is evaporated first. There are plenty of videos posted about how to do it.

I have a coffee e-liquid (Cafe de Leche from Nashville Vapor) that requires a dry burn every tank full in order to maintain vapor and flavor, the darker stuff gunks up coils and wicks fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread