Cannot find a juice HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc5953

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
United States
I am fairly upset and I wanted a pick me up and/or help in this please

It just bums me out really bad because I want to quit the analogs so bad and I read all these reviews on juices and everyone says " OH this the best tasting ever" & "oh this is my all day vape" and thats all I want is something I can vape all day, I have a couple that are good for a couple puffs but then they start to be to strong or flavor seems to change or something.

Long and short of it:

Been smoking analogs for several years want badly to quit (maybe so bad I am ruining the e cig experience) anyway I bought a basic ego kit and a vivi nova mini. I have bought a lot of sample juice from different venders mostly juices that come highly recommended etc. and I cannot seem to find a juice that I like, other than the first one I bought (fire cured virginia tobacco from high caliber 50/50 pg/vg and it isn't a slam dunk it is just something I can stand to vape all day) but it gives me headaches (pretty sure it is the PG) so I bought almost all VG juices or primarily VG......10 from ecblends, 5 from ave, 2 from johnson creek, 7 from mt baker, and about 15 more juices from 2 or 3 different venders (I haven't tried all of them probably about 60% of them) and I find that the flavors are either too strong or a flavor I don't like very much etc. I havent let most of these steep which may or may not be the problem I am not sure exactly how much it changes when you steep it. I also bought a drip tip so I could try several puffs of different flavors but I am at a loss and would like some advise.

1: drip tip issue: I am using the standard 510 atomizer for dripping and I clean it with water after I decide to switch flavors but I still taste the original flavor when I go to puff the new flavor (just a little less strong, which may be ruining my new flavor I am trying) am I doing something wrong or is this normal? I really don't want to go buy new atomizers for every flavor I have I am already into this so much money for something that hasn't caught on to replace the analogs.

2: I usually only puff about 5 or 6 hits to decide if I like the flavor or not, is this enough or not enough or what?

3: Is steeping really that important? meaning.....If I hate it now will it really change flavor that much from a week or two of sitting there....example does the flavor change 10% and stay basically the same, or can it change 50-60% ?

4: Is there anyone out there that has had the fire cured virginia tobacco from high caliber and knows of a juice that is almost the same but with all VG or almost all VG?

I am at a loss at this point and I am probably ruining my own experience because I will try a flavor and decide I dont like it so I will take 15 minutes and clean my atomizer and then try another flavor and I feel I may be getting sensory overload but I am not sure.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated

Dmforse11

Dec 29, 2012
Texas
Well what kind of flavors are you looking for? Do you like the tobacco flavor or do you want a fruity flavor or a menthol flavor? I have always heard that when switching juices you have to use a stronger one after that one so you won't taste the old juice also are you cleaning it? I'm not to sure about letting them steep but I do know that my taste in the juices changes often some days ill like one flavor and other days I like different juices. Thats just me though.

JinnMyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
New York
I've only tried 6-7 in my lifetime and ONLY ONE didn't agree with my taste buds..
You tried over 50+ juices and you liked NONE of them?! :blink:

I will try a flavor and decide I dont like it so I will take 15 minutes and clean my atomizer and then try another flavor

You're using the same tank/carto/atomizer for all flavors?! :unsure:

Last edited:

dlmarti

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Central New Jersey
#1 do not give up. Vaping is such a broad subject I am CERTAIN you will find what you like.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Try the johnson creek Red Oak line, specifically the Tennessee Flue Cured, and the Marcado.
2. Get a bottle of Unflavored VG at a decent nicotine strength (like 24mg), use that bottle to lighten the flavors of the juice you are having problem with (or just flat out vape it without adding flavor).
3. Get a pack of pre-flavored Cartomizers from johnson creek, they are not the most durable (ie. they do not last long) but they do taste good. After that try the smok tech cartomizers.
4. Play with your draw technique. Vaping is a MUCH MUCH slower process. You draw slower, inhale slower, vape longer, than with a typical cigarette experience.
5. Keep at it, I promise you this does work, but you have to get comfortable with it.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER, VAPING DEHYDRATES YOU MORE THAN SMOKING (at least in the beginning).

Last edited:

mfisher2

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
Van Buren, Arkansas
Wow, sounds like me when I started vaping. Try not to over think it. I had to tell myself I was switching brands and that I was just going to have accept the difference in flavor. Most ppl will never get that "I just smoked a cig" satisfaction. However, I'm going to make a suggestion to you. Start simple. Simple battery and simple setup. That should alleviate a lot of the "hassle". Try an ego twist 1100 with a Mega dual coil cartomizer. You can get these from any vendor and for cheap. the cart is disposable and hold around 3-4 ml of juice. No cleaning, no vapor towels, nothing. Juice? Man, everyone is different. Here are my suggestions since you are already using high caliber. Killa vanilla 18mg and sweet cigarillo. Go to epipemods and try their juice. They carry around 5 flavors and each one is a masterpiece. Stay strong and remember the benefits of not smoking!!!!

Daniel13

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Ohio
1. not an atomizer expert but i found that blowing through the connection side completely gets rid of the old flavor, just blow till no more juice comes out. with the drip tip that might need cleaned very well if it's stainless, if it's delrin it shouldn't carry old flavors (they're also dirt cheap)

2./3. with some vendors steeping is an absolute must, i have juice that i hated from 3 months ago that are actually enjoyable now, but my vendor all the juice is good straight from the mailbox (very flavorful so might not be for you)

4. i have not tried it, but there are a lot of places that carry fire cured virginia, ave one of them i believe and highly recommended although very flavorful

just take your time and be patient, once you find a juice you love it will all be worth it, and don't just sample tobacco's, you might just have a taste for something different entirely

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
I found out that I don't really like tobacco juices, was sure it's the way to go after 15+ yeas of smoking...
I hate citrus in all of it's forms, I loved Mandalime from AiV.
Last time I had strawberry was few years ago in form of a milkshake, I vaped strawberry juice for a week.
Some juices hit hard, some don't. Some hit hard with TH, some with flavor.
I've had weird reaction on one HHV juice and horrible taste. Now, after ~8 days, it doesn't give me any side effects in my throat and tastes nothing like week ago.
First I tasted coconuts in White Rabbit, now it's something else... and I totally love it.
I've got 11 AiV sample juices, I don't love them all. I'll order only 3 of them again. Not that they are horrible, just not something I think I'll vape a lot. Many said B&W cookie is the greatest ever, didn't enjoy it at all, hated bakery actually.

I'm not vegetable/fruit eater, but I totally enjoy vaping those flavors...

twisted1

Moved On
Dec 12, 2012

It just bums me out really bad because I want to quit the analogs so bad and I read all these reviews on juices and everyone says " OH this the best tasting ever" & "oh this is my all day vape" and thats all I want is something I can vape all day, I have a couple that are good for a couple puffs but then they start to be to strong or flavor seems to change or something.

Long and short of it:

My two cents...I've only bee vaping since 12/14. Watch some videos and slow things down. I don't see how you can clean out an atty and dry it in 15 minutes. Maybe you can, but it hasn't worked for me that way. I also debridge mine.

1: drip tip issue: I am using the standard 510 atomizer for dripping and I clean it with water after I decide to switch flavors but I still taste the original flavor when I go to puff the new flavor (just a little less strong, which may be ruining my new flavor I am trying) am I doing something wrong or is this normal? I really don't want to go buy new atomizers for every flavor I have I am already into this so much money for something that hasn't caught on to replace the analogs.
Depends on how strong the initial flavor is, compared to the latter. I usually use one atty for fruit flavors and one for menthols if I'm testing.

2: I usually only puff about 5 or 6 hits to decide if I like the flavor or not, is this enough or not enough or what?
For me it is.

3: Is steeping really that important? meaning.....If I hate it now will it really change flavor that much from a week or two of sitting there....example does the flavor change 10% and stay basically the same, or can it change 50-60% ?

Absolutely. Complete turnaround in some instances. I gave up and almost threw away my clearos after several unsuccessful attempts. That was 2 weeks ago. Fast forward to today. I tried once again the same exact clearo that I had placed in a basket...oila...pefect vape, tolerable juice. I vaped it most of the day.
Even my initial all day vapes improved drastically with steeping.

4: Is there anyone out there that has had the fire cured virginia tobacco from high caliber and knows of a juice that is almost the same but with all VG or almost all VG?

I was told that high caliber, and tobacco flavors might not be best for a newb, and I stuck with that advice...so no experience here.

I am at a loss at this point and I am probably ruining my own experience because I will try a flavor and decide I dont like it so I will take 15 minutes and clean my atomizer and then try another flavor and I feel I may be getting sensory overload but I am not sure.

Definitely user error in your post~everybody can't be wrong.

I wish that I could help more, but surely the vets will come to your rescue. I have no problem pm'ing those with success stories.

NeMom

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2012
Midwest
I started with dripping into an atty and you do need to clean them out, especially if you have put a strong flavor in it. Get some cheap Vodka and let your atty soak in that for a while (I usually let them set overnight). Make sure they are dried out before using them again, blowing on each end helps to dry them out.
I am new to vaping and there a few flavors that I like. I started with mint flavors, peppermint and spearmint but when I found BIG RED (a cinnamon flavor) I fell in love. I almost feel like I am missing out because most of the fruity flavored and dessert flavored juices I tried I just have not liked. Hoping my taste buds come back soon and I can start to widen my vaping flavor experience.
Please don't give up, even if you start with zero flavored juice at first. I have smoked for 28 years and in the past 30 days have only had two analogs. I do not even crave them anymore and believe me I have tried ALL methods to give up smoking in the past, they were all very painful. Vaping has been a wonderful experience for me!

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
You sound like me. I smoked for 30+ years and really did take to vaping with no problem other than it took me a good 2 months to find flavors I really liked. I've vaped about 1 1/2 years and have tried a ton of juices from all the top vendors, and I honestly have to say I only really like two flavors that I seem to rotate. I vape organic alcohol based 100% VG juices from Clouds of Vapor and am working on trying to DIY my own to cut costs. I never liked other VG juices before but due to the alcohol base, I get an amazing throat hit, plus I just love the Vanilla Cream and Boca Breeze. I never seemed to like any of the fruits, tobaccos or sweets, but for some reason the Vanilla Cream is a gem for me. I vape it almost always and then when my tastebuds get to numb to the taste, I use Boca Breeze which is a really strong flavor that gets my tastebuds kicking again. Anyhow, you aren't the only one that doesn't like many flavors but keep checking out stuff and surely you will eventually find something you like.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
All comments above are good advice. Is it safe to assume that you are sampling juices using an atomizer and not a cartomizer which has polyfill in it? If you ARE using the atomizer and the taste is lingering try putting a little vodka in a small shot-type glass and letting it soak for about 5 minutes then rinse with warm water, blow through it until no more moisture comes out of it. After all that try another flavor and repeat as necessary. You didn't state the PG/VG ratio of the juices you have so I can only assume that they are either 80/20 or 70/30. PG carries the flavor and throat hit (TH) and VG is the ingredient that makes the vapor (mostly). I smoked 1.5 PAD for 53 years and vaping is way better. I tried every juice I could find that said it was a tobacco flavor still looking for that taste of burning paper, glue and all those carcinogens(sp?). Then after about 3 months I realized that there was never going to be one. Then I went to mostly menthol which I enjoyed for a while and finally to the fruit flavors which I really enjoy now. I have not bought any commercial juice in about a year so I'm not really up on what the latest and greatest is.

Please do not give up and let the cigarettes win. Switching to ecigs can be a long or a short process but either way it is worth the struggle. Becoming a vaper instead of a smoker is not a race. You have to go at your own pace and every draw on an ecig is one less draw on a cigarette.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I use High Caliber juices almost exclusively. So don't go ordering any Cappuccino! I want it ... damnit
    I liked fire cured virginia when I first started vaping, but found that I tired of it quite quickly. Their American 55 (hazelnut tobacco) is very good. The 4 flavors that I use the most are Apple Pie, Cappuccino, American 55, and Icy Fire for a palate restorer.

The flavors that linger in an atomizer, and require an alcohol bath to get rid of are licorice, menthol, mints and cinnamon. Most flavors you should be able to just blow the atty out and switch. If you are using an atty like a Joye 510 with silica wick material between the bridge and the coil cup, dewicking might be the answer to your problem.

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2012
    Gainesville, Ga
    Yes steeping is important. I DIY my own at the moment, but even with vendor juices they will take sometimes 1-2 weeks to hit that special spot. Sometimes you can cut corners, some people nuke them for a few seconds (I suggest glass only if you care to try), some heat up water in the microwave and give the juice a bath. Some people use paint shakers, jewlery shakers, I've heard of someone putting the juice bottle inside a prescription bottle and sticking it in the dryer on tumble.

I don't really suggest any of the above `cept the patience method. Juice can be too good to risk :vapor:

Gloria

ECF Veteran
    Dec 2, 2011
    midwest
    You've gotten some great advice here. It's not uncommon to be frustrated in the early stages of vaping. Just hang in there.

1: You may want to try cleaning your attie with cheap vodka between flavors. Or simpler yet...rather than taking it off to clean it, just drop some plain PG (or a PG/VG mix) on the attie between flavors. You don't need to inhale this. Just vape and blow it out until it clears the old flavor.

2: 5 or 6 hits may be enough to decide if you want to load a carto/clearo with it.

3: Yes, IMHO steeping can really make a difference with some juices. Some may even take a couple of weeks or more to really "meld" and taste their best.

4: Sorry, I'm not familiar with High Caliber tobacco flavors, so can't help you there. But coincidentally, I have a DIY order coming that includes a Virginia tobacco flavor. I would be happy to send you a sample if you'll PM me your address and let me know what nic strength and PG/VG ratio you prefer.

I've had frustrating times with juice flavors too, but just kept trudging along and as most of us do, I found flavors that appeal to me. Just keep plugging along and you'll find the flavors that hit the spot for you. Keep in mind that tobacco flavors may require more steeping time to be at their best.

Wizard Labs has nic base in many different strengths and PG/VG ratios to choose from. You may want to get a bottle that is a little less than your normal mg level and have that on hand for when you're frustrated with flavors. That way you'd still be able to get your nic and who knows...you may even enjoy vaping non-flavord juice. :)

Wishing you success in your hunt for "the" juice!
    Gloria

tc5953

Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    First I want to say this community is awesome I have read through all of the responses so far and I see a lot of good ideas. I will try and put my atty in some vodka in between vapes ( I never thought of that) and I will get some straight VG to mix in with some of the flavors....I would say with most of the flavors I think they either don't taste very good or are to strong in flavor (thats for the straight VG) I will also try a couple of the flavors listed above. I appreciate the helpful words you guys have given me and it has lifted my spirits. I guess I probably just set the bar to high in the beginning........like when you expect a movie to be so so so good that you set the bar to high and it turns out to be a good movie but because you expected so much from it it isnt as good as you thought it was going to be.

I appreciate any and all help you guys have given me and anything else you think might be helpful.

ALSO: anyone know of a place I can get VG that I don't have to ship it in from? Like a walmart or something?

Daniel13

ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Ohio
    cvs and walmart carry plain vg very cheap it's just called glycerin in the health and beauty section or something, btw just look at gloria's signature, don't worry about money or time, you got plenty of it ;)

actually look at all the signatures, even mine, have i really saved money? not really, will I? yeah, am i happier/healthier? oh yeah

cags

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    I agree that you should get some unflavored liquid - I get it with nic in it. you might actually like vaping it, it is one of my daily vapes. it has no real flavor to hate :). I also vape it in between dripping different flavors, it helps get rid of the previous flavor. I hate cleaning attys and only do so when I think it might be time to toss them.

I have found very few liquids I love. some people seem to love them all (lucky them). I don't like complex flavors either, a plain fruit (peach or grape) mild menthol....and it took me several months and lots of different liquids to figure that out!

relax and you'll be fine :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2012
    Waikiki Hawaii
    First off, Congratulations on taking the vaping route! If you do break down and smoke a cigarette now and then, do not fret - just think of those cigarettes you didn't smoke. 2) Drink lots of water as vaping dehydrates you. 3) Headaches can derive from too high a nicotine content in addition to PG or VG. 4) Steeping? YES! YES! YES! A must for many juices. Don't throw out the ones you purchased, leave them to steep with the lids off for a couple days and shake daily, then leave them be for a week or more before trying them again. Sometimes the flavor can change 100%. If they still don't work for you then get verified on this forum and you can put them up for sale on the classifieds. 5) Try buying samplers of juices instead of full bottles to begin with. I would highly recommend Custom E-Liquids : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids and select Serendipity, Pirates Booty, Shadowfax and Huntsman to start. Or try Want2Vape for a more classic natural tobacco type product 3ml 10+1 Sampler I'm sure there's many others, you get the idea but at least you're not spending loads of dollars on something you may not like. 6) Hang in there and don't lose hope! The day will arrive when you find yourself happy with your set up.

Long and short of it:

Been smoking analogs for several years want badly to quit (maybe so bad I am ruining the e cig experience) anyway I bought a basic ego kit and a vivi nova mini. I have bought a lot of sample juice from different venders mostly juices that come highly recommended etc. and I cannot seem to find a juice that I like, other than the first one I bought (fire cured virginia tobacco from high caliber 50/50 pg/vg and it isn't a slam dunk it is just something I can stand to vape all day) but it gives me headaches (pretty sure it is the PG) so I bought almost all VG juices or primarily VG......10 from ecblends, 5 from ave, 2 from johnson creek, 7 from mt baker, and about 15 more juices from 2 or 3 different venders (I haven't tried all of them probably about 60% of them) and I find that the flavors are either too strong or a flavor I don't like very much etc. I havent let most of these steep which may or may not be the problem I am not sure exactly how much it changes when you steep it. I also bought a drip tip so I could try several puffs of different flavors but I am at a loss and would like some advise.

tc5953

Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    I like these ideas and I have already started vaping slower and it is making the "taste" aspect of things a little better....it isn't quite enough but I am going to pick up some vodka today and I already bought "glycerine" from the store, I hope it is the right kind....It says for rubbing on your hands to help with cracking etc. and says it is USP glycerine....If someone knows if that is right or not I would appreciate it.

And I will look into the other flavors people have suggested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread