Can't decide: Vamo v2 or wait for eVic v2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
I have eliminated a Provari from my choices; please don't ask me why. But anyways...
I cannot decide between the updated vamo or wait for the next revision of the eVic. I've seen some issues with the eVic and I have no problem waiting. I've currently have a zmax v1, and wanting to dump it all together. I will be using the VV/VW with my Cobra rba that is on the way and well my Stratus rba. Should i wait or just jump the gun and get a Vamo?

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
What are you looking for in a device?

No one knows what the eVic v2 will be like so it's kind of hard for anyone to compare it to something currently available. If you want something high tech ... you might want to wait. If you want something simple and fairly accurate ... the Vamo will work just fine.

Looking for something that will deal with my noob skills at wrapping coils around stainless steel wicks, and have the option to use VW.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Well, if we were comparing the eVic to the Vamo ... I'd recommend the Vamo over it for increased power alone. UNLESS, you want those higher tech features, then the choice would obviously be the eVic.

Now ... will the eVic v2 just be an improved version? Will it be a new form factor ... new features? WHEN will it be released? Those are the unknowns that make it hard to make a suggestion.

If you don't feel a dire need to jump into a new device ... it can be worth the wait to see what comes out. Of course, if someone stays in the mind set for too long ... they end up never purchasing a new unit because they get too timid to pull the trigger thinking the greatest pv in the world is just around the corner.

Frankly, for what the Vamo does at it's prices, it's a steal. It's not going to do anything special but it's a fairly accurate and easy to use VV/VW device. If you find yourself not being able to wait, it might be worth buying just to satisfy you until your "dream" pv arrives to market. Some of the sales for the Vamo recently have been dirt cheap and the equivalent cost to a couple packs of cigs.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I don't think the evic 2 will push significantly more power. It's main advantage is in device charging and easy to understand menus.
If anything, I would expect an evic mini first.

Vamo...people love them.

You could also check out the Anyvape from got vapes when it drops. It has rms, multiple battery tubes and such.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I myself favor vamo because I own one.
    Both are variable voltage and variable watts.
    Both can check ohms.
    Both can check battery voltage.

Things to thing about
    Evic is passthrough device. Built in charger. Puff counter. Firmware can be updated. Keep record of your ecig on computer.
    No need to buy a charger.

Vamo you need to buy charger.
    Can use 18350 batteries or 18650 battery. Can be used in shorter size with on 18350. Can use flattop or button batteries.

If you go for vamo might be able to get one from 40 - 60 dollars. Plus charger (truefire tr-001) around 10 bucks I suggest to go for a better charger around 20-30 bucks.

This is just a few quick features of both devices.

sacricide

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    sacramento
    price difference is roughly 20-25 bucks depending on charger bundles etc. so in a way...if the hardware differences pose no issue, the joyetech may have the edge stability and features but. if price matters vamo is awesome deal lately.

IMHO you can really go wrong with either, unless 5v, 11w limits on evic are problems

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2009
    safe-list.com
    Looking for something that will deal with my noob skills at wrapping coils around stainless steel wicks, and have the option to use VW.

It all depends. If you are wrapping coils in the 1.0 range then any 3.7 device will work fine... Vamo or Vic wont matter much. If you are going for higher ohms then yes Id suggest the vamo. Either devicd is going to limit your volts and watts with low ohm coils..

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    One thing I would check vendors warrantie policy. Both unit have been know to have issues.
    Evic is very new version 1, like all new things there will be bugs. While vamo has had a few versions.

Evic version 1 will not vape at 15 watts, highest is 11 watts and firmware (have to go on line to update) has been updated already.

jundis

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2012
    Minnesota
    I'd actually suggest taking a look at the Anyvape CVI (can only be found here: Anyvape CVI Ecig Mod APV). Gotvapes is getting it soon, and there is a co-op going on for it now.

It's got the VV/VW that you're looking for, as well as the oled screen, 3-15w, and has a 4 amp limit to it. No one has reviewed it yet, but it looks to be a good device.

sacricide

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    sacramento
    I'd actually suggest taking a look at the Anyvape CVI (can only be found here: Anyvape CVI Ecig Mod APV). Gotvapes is getting it soon, and there is a co-op going on for it now.

It's got the VV/VW that you're looking for, as well as the oled screen, 3-15w, and has a 4 amp limit to it. No one has reviewed it yet, but it looks to be a good device.

oh son of aaaaaaaaa ....*
    a cheaper segelei? my wallet is forever empty at this rate

kiwivap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Things to thing about
    Evic is passthrough device. Built in charger. Puff counter. Firmware can be updated. Keep record of your ecig on computer.
    No need to buy a charger.

Vamo you need to buy charger.
    Can use 18350 batteries or 18650 battery. Can be used in shorter size with on 18350. Can use flattop or button batteries.

If you are buying your first mod then yes, you need a charger. Personally if I was buying an eVic I would want a charger anyway. I prefer charging batteries that way. Once you have a charger, or two, you don't need to keep buying more chargers. A charger is really a standard piece of equipment if some-one is getting into mods. Still keeping my eye on the eVic - it is an interesting development that users can upgrade to true variable wattage just by downloading update v.1.1. That's great.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand

Yeah I have seen those. I think I'll wait for a review. I really like the idea of being able to mix it up with the tube colors. Would like to see some test results on how it performs. Like the look of them.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 14, 2012
    Coolidge, Arizona, United States
    I would recommend the Vamo

Here is why...

Stainless Steel version (chrome and black chrome if you like) is pretty solid
    Have skins if you want a different "look". Can get carbon fiber etc etc..
    Have the option for 18350 "stealth/mini", 18650 for more battery life, and 2 18350's for more power over 11 watts.
    Although stacking isn't always recommended....it is needed to get good power over 11 watts. Just use matching 18350's.
    It is pretty accurate (not Provari accurate) but it is not way off.
    Nice bright display. I can see it in sunlight just fine. It is also quick at changing from menu to menu. No need to wait...

Being metal, you can actually re-finish it to a polished look, or maybe a brushed look if you wanted too.

Pbusardo has a review on the Vamo. He has it posted as a recommended device also.

Overall, I have been very pleased with this device.
    The build is good, and the price is affordable.
    You can get one from many vendors in the $40 - $60 range.

tim_man

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2012
    MA
    The evic 2.0 firmware upgrade will have a tone of new features, one of which will be variable wattage withing a single puff. I think having this option may increase vape quality pretty significantly. we'll see.. One of the cool things about the evic is that each firmware upgrade is like getting a new device...for free... can't go wrong there. Also, I have zero problems with mine, and I don't vape at past 11 watts ever..

worthatry

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2012
    Charlotte
    I am a newbie and came here to ask the same question. Only have ego and ego twist so the batteries are a new thing to me. My only catch is I can buy an evic tomorrow and pick it up versus waiting for shipping with the vamo. The software in the evic seems solid to be able to upgrade as more vapers out in their opinions on what they want. Would love to hear some more opinions because I get one more purchase for while without my wife flipping out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread