Can't enjoy my vape HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Recently im having some serious problems enjoying my vape, its like my tastebuds have gotten super sensitive and pickup EVERY nuance of taste in my liquids and my gear (that isnt good that is).
I have tried recoiling, rewicking, new juice, new topper, new resistance but its the same each time :s

My russian gives me a burnt taste no matter what resistance and the wick either tastes of burnt cotton or burnt yarn (dont even dare silica)
My aqua tastes like burnt liquid with a hint of cotton
My drippers just doesnt hit the spot or gives off a flavor thats just wrong somehow
My protank almost got thrown out after a few tastes, it burns everything that gets in it, same with the vivi nova
And my carto tank tastes of absolutely nothing but burnt cotton

Im slowly going insane here please fellow vapers help me!, this seems to not just be a case of vapers tounge :S

Galileo aqua 0,8
Bolt carto tank
Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I use

32-30-28-26 wire
And both cotton and yarn
Same results

As for the liquids i have tried

Liqourice/blueberry
Banana nut bread
Grazzhopper
And a tobacco mix

Galileo aqua 0,8
Bolt carto tank
Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Even vaping a long time I've had days or even a week like that. When I first experienced it I went on a new juice hunt. Then I found that, for me, it was just some kind of physical phenomenon as it repeated. It isn't really vaper's tongue which I'm also familiar with. Anyway, I just ride it out and one morning everything is back in place.

PS: Incidentally, I've had the same thing happen with foods... same recipe mysteriously didn't taste as good. But, I never realized this was a phenomenon of some sort until starting to vape.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I've been having a flavor crisis for quite a while, myself. I've been vaping plain and only this week trying new juices. I'm back to cartotanks and clearomisers, too. Proceeding cautiously and doing okay, actually.

I hope you find what your personal issue is and resolve it.

It can be different for everyone, from messing up the way one hits due to frustration over getting burnt taste or leaks repeatedly to finding e juice tasting not very good, regardless the flavor.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I make my own juice
I drink mainly water
I use a mech mod with several resistances
And unfortunately i do not have any rayon supplier...

But i will go absolutely bonkers in about 3 days i think

Galileo aqua 0,8
Bolt carto tank
Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Ya know, the ole' taste buds becoming super-sensitive is not really a bad thing to me. For me, it was a very GOOD thing. I'm just lovin' the ability to taste subtle spices and ingredients in foods that I have missed for many years. I also have had periods where my favorite juices just didn't taste right no matter what I used them with, and others where the same flavors (from the same batch) seem very intense.

I gotta believe that this is just your taste buds and sense of smell becoming 'repaired', evolving and improving over time. The positive effects of quitting smoking continue over a long period of time for many here. Here's hoping that this is the cause, and that it is temporary.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Eureka!

I just discovered something truly awesome but actually really wierd... My sweet and loving fiance thought that i needed something to drink while we were out and she bought me an old favorite of mine since it was on sale...
A blue powerade... And after i had a few sips my liquid suddenly changed character to the better... And now after i have finished the bottle and some time has passed they taste AWESOME!... I celebrated this by recoiling my aqua and russian ^^... Oh its so good :D

Galileo aqua 0,8
Bolt carto tank
Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Vekz

Mar 30, 2014
United States
Sounds similar to what some refer to as "vapor's tongue" or "vapor's fatigue". Sometimes your senses can get out of whack after prolonged periods of vaping. It usually has nothing to do with the tongue itself, but rather the olfactory sensors in your nasal passage. If I vape certain flavors for too long I notice the same thing where the flavor turns strange on me. There are many things that can cause this including dehydration from lack of water intake during prolonged vaping periods, cold or allergies, and lack of variety.

Some tips I have heard suggested include vaping a strong menthol flavor for a short period of time to reset your sensors, switching to flavors opposite from those that you are experiencing trouble with, vape flavorless liquids for a day or two, or just stop vaping for a day or so and let your senses get back to normal.

If it is caused by a cold/allergies than the above tips will not likely help until the cold/allergies pass.

Good luck, and I hope it gets better soon!

Edit: I see you fixed your problem with some powerade! :laugh:

Maybe the problem spawned from a bit of dehydration? Anyways, I'm glad it's all better now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread