Can't figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG1121

Jul 13, 2015
To start with, I have smoked analogs for +-10 years and recently switched to vaping. I started with the prefilled cartridges and then started buying ejuice to refill them. After about 3 or four weeks of vaping, normal diet, one night I woke with horrible, debilitating stomach pain, vomiting, belching and ......... Stomach pain so bad that I can't stand up straight. It only lasts a few hours, 6-12 hours, smoked some analogs and I was fine. I didn't link it to ecigs or ejuice at the time. Went back to vaping and was fine for a few days then fell off the wagon and was back on analogs. A few months later I started vaping again, and again after a few weeks of using a refillable tank type ecig, the same horrible stomach pain, belching, etc... I wanted to be sure it was ejuice or ecigs so I put down the vaping again for a few weeks, then started again. Sure enough it was something in there.

I've read about the symptoms of nic overdose and it doesn't quite fit but I'm leaning that direction. I tend to chain vape and I was using 18mg. I don't believe its PG allergy, but found one post where a contributor said that its possible to have the PG build up in your system and then it hits you. Does it sound like nic overdose to anyone? Maybe the ejuice, I was using menthol, 18mg? Too much sweetener? I'm hoping I can just switch to 6mg tobacco flavor but really would like some ideas before I start vaping again and have to go through that hell again.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @MG1121. Sorry about your health issues. I used the keyword activated search box above the name and avatar upper right for these links:
Search Results for Query: nicotine sick | E-Cigarette Forum
Search Results for Query: stomach sick | E-Cigarette Forum

Also it could be something found here :

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

What type of equipment are you using? It would help to determine if the nic is too high.

Good luck in your journey.

FireB411

Unresolved Status
Jul 12, 2015
Hong Kong
i'm going to jump the gun here and ask your eLiquid choice. 18mg is equivalent of yellow camel cigarets, hence i'm guessing can't be nic overdose but it can be very well bad quality of liquid. Fruity/mint flavours during the switch over period don't do well, try TBC. Liqua and joyetech are good, five pawns are consistent with their after dinner kind of "signature collection"

Not to mention but try 50/50 ratio and gradually reduce nic level.

I'm not a doctor, just sharing my thoughts

MG1121

Jul 13, 2015
I wish I could tell you the tank type ecig I was using but I destroyed it during the last episode. It was just a cheap one from the local vape shop. Also, I should add that I didn't change the tank or mouth piece like they recommended and it was making a gurgling sound. Maybe I was getting juice in my mouth. The prefilled cartridges worked great. I used FIN and Logic when I started refilling the empty cartridges with ejuice from a bottle is when it started to get bad. The ejuice I believe was Tsunami, menthol.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I would recommend getting a nice new starter set. I started on a cheap blister pack but what made the difference for me was a game changing Aspire Nautilus Mini tank and a mod (iStick 50 watt). It was very dependable and easy to use while giving a great vape. I used this tank on a variable voltage battery (stick style) but on a mod type battery is where the tank really shined. The prefilled cartridges won't come close to the performance of the Nautilus.

It's quite possible you were ingesting juice from the cheap tank. It would explain the illness. Consider a Nautilus Mini with a mod like the iStick 30 watt, both with great track records and very easy to use. The only other things you would need would be a 5 pack of spare coils and some juice and you'd be good to go. I smoked 2 packs a day of Lights and started on 12 mg juice, a good reference point for you to guage what strength you'd need. You've already experienced vape enough to know you enjoy it, time for an upgrade.

30 watt iStick with Aspire Nautilus Mini
4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

My journey... Nautilus on tall variable volt in center and on iStick 50W on right
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I was using menthol, 18mg? Too much sweetener? I'm hoping I can just switch to 6mg tobacco flavor but really would like some ideas before I start vaping again and have to go through that hell again.
Good plan. Suggest ramping down gradually. Try 12mg then go to 6mg. To rule out a possible PG allergic reaction, suggest try vaping no PG, just distilled water and VG for awhile and see how that works.
I hate cigarettes so much and really enjoy vaping.
Trying different remedies is a hassle. The effort will be worth it.

kterka

Jul 13, 2015
I started with a Spinner II with a Nautilus mini tank and was having a blast with it at the time. However i quickly upgraded to a Sigelei 150 with an Arctic tank and obviously never looked back. You would definitely benefit from getting a nice starter kit. Maybe an Ego One kit? They come with a tank like most things people here have mentioned and its more of a middle-ground vaporizer

nancybout

ECF Veteran
It's possible PG sensitivity however I don't know.
The answer to finding out is tying a higher VG juice but u need a tank that can handle it.(I had no problem e nautilus mini)
I have pg sensitivity but I doubt that's what's wrong w you.
I get nausea if I chain Vape 18mg juice... Love the throat hit so I don't drop it.
However I went into sub ohm tanks and dropped my nic level w that.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread