Cant smoke this hurts way to much think im doing somthing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Also, you do not "inhale" an e-cig (PV) like you would a regular cigarette. Slowly draw the vapor into you mouth and then inhale from there. If you "hit" a PV like a cigarette - you'll cough up a lung...
That's how most people inhale cigarette smoke too. How did you inhale....draw it straight into your lungs?

nah it stayed clean i did fix it tho i let a 0mg nic sit in a new carto for like 8 min and it taste great and isent harsh enough oficously cause its 0 nic lvls but now i have the problem of did i burn out the clearo thing or can i not handle 24 mg of nic not sure
24mg can be pretty brutal on the throat hit, depending on how much VG is in your liquid.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I had that same problem the first time that I tried to vape using a 900mAH ego battery on a dual coil cartomizer.

If the flavor tastes good, you most likely did not burn the clearomizer- trust me, it would taste bad because I have done that. If your nic is at 24mg (what is the PG/VG mix?). When I re-filled my cart a 2nd time and let it soak a bit that handled it for me. It is very possible the nic level is too high for you. That would be the first thing I would try and go from there.

-Jason

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Are you saying you're getting a very "hard draw"? I.e., it's really hard to suck air through the tip when it's screwed onto the KGO? If so, that is fairly common with those clearomizers in my brief and limited experience. I've got 4 of them and all of them have a "tight" draw to some extent. (Some are worse than others.)

One thing you can do is to not tighten them down too tight on the KGO battery. They don't have to be very tight to make contact with the battery.

Also, I saw a youtube video that showed how to make the draw of them looser. I'll try to find it for you.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Sounds like may have a bad carto. On a Kgo you should not be getting the burnt taste your getting with a visioncarto. Make sure your filling it so that the wick is getting soaked. You may need to tip it on its side before you take a hit-its got to stay wet. I tried a vision when they first came out and had the same problem but I was using it on a provari instead of a kgo.
I would try another carto and see if it solves the problem. If not, contact sweetvapes and see what they suggest.

KarlH007

Jun 1, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
A primer liquid hit perhaps? IDK if the wicks would be primed or not, as I haven't used tanks or clearos yet...but getting a hit off that would suck.

I know when I first tried using my atty to drip, I didn't know about burning off that primer fluid on them before vaping and THAT was nasty...:lol:

I think the caffeinator is on to something. If you put your set up together and started hitting it right out of the box it's possible you're puffin on primer fluid that's put in your atomizer when it's packaged to protect the components until someones ready to use it to inhale sweet sweet vapor. I'd suggest taking your atomizer off and, with the threaded end in your mouth, blow into a napkin until no more juice is coming through. After that you should be good to go, might want to put a drop or two in the atty then to help with wicking. Good luck!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
That's how most people inhale cigarette smoke too. How did you inhale....draw it straight into your lungs?...

LOL! For the longest time, I used to say that too. "Don't draw it straight into your lungs". Then, I stepped back and tried to remember how I smoked a cigarette. OOOPS!! I didn't draw it straight into my lungs and doubt anyone else did either. Hmmm... I wonder where I ever got that idea. Could it be that I was thinking of something els......... Nah!!

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
I honestly think you are getting dry hits. This is exactly what happens when the juice doesnt wick properly to the coil. The same thing happens on regular attomizers for people that drip... and the atty goes dry.

I dont like any type of cleoromizers for this reason. I use VG and its way to thick to properly wick in these things.

I would try a different one and make sure to let it soak for a while. Even put a few drops directly on the coil and let that soak in as well.

If that doesnt work, then you need to look at nic level and possibly switching to liquid with more VG.

Good Luck.

Dant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
NY, NY
I've gotten somewhat "dry" hits on the vision clearomizer before, with very little vapor but a burning sensation in my throat. I can see how that might be intensified with a higher nicotine juice as well.

This happened after it had sat in a drawer unused for a week+; the first few hits were like that until the juice started wicking properly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread