Captain S

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
I have a brand new Captain S tank ... Honestly, I don't remember ordering it, since everywhere I look it seems like this thing leaks like crazy (like almost all the comments on the very few YT vids I've found). I am not sure if I should try it or if I should just try to sell it on eBay or something. It's still wrapped in plastic. I don't want to open it if it's just going to be nightmare and leak all over the place (and then it's worth zero). Does anyone have one of these? I tried searching - didn't really find anything....

I have a Big Baby Beast on order but I'm feeling impatient since I'm essentially missing an atty (one that's larger than 22mm) for my the only 3 mods I have. It's all pretty 'n' stuff in the box..... :p

Comments?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vape gear is "prohibited" on ebay, but people sell there all the time. I think it's on a "don't do it, but we'll ignore it unless there is a problem," type status.

If you don't feel comfortable about your purchase, you could certainly sell it. Especially if you trust the opinions you've seen on line, but you never know, sometimes you may wind up pleasantly surprised. I can't imagine that every single user experiences problems but there is no reason not to sell it, if it's something you think would be a headache.

Anna

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Update:
I broke down and opened the box. Couldn't help myself, lol. Filled it with some liquid I was kinda 'meh' about just in case.

Well, it was gurgling and spitting insanely in the recommended wattage range for the coil (the pre-installed one is a 0.3). I made sure to double check all the connections before I filled it. Couldn't get it to stop all that unless I dialed down the wattage way low.

So, I kinda gave up on it - took it off and put on another tank with some new juice (that I've decided I don't really like - geesh!), and ultimately let it sit for about 6+ hours cuz I left the house to go do something else. ... WELL, I just put it back on and it's totally fine - normal wattage range. I have to close off the airflow hugely just to get any flavor at all, but - now I actually like the juice I put in it, and... Unless this thing starts leaking - I don't see any issues with it! There is a very slight gurgly sound when I vape, but there's no spitback at all (there was a lot at first). Maybe it needed to sit for a while? Maybe it needed a break-in period? I dunno. Anyway... So far so good. I think the flavor is a little lacking. There is a 0.4 coil for this I might get just to compare. I do like the push/slide thingo for the top fill. If anything changes with it I'll let y'all know. I keep waiting for it to leak all out of the airflow holes like "an 80 yr old with an incontinence problem" (yeah, I saw that review on YT, lol). So far, no leaking at all. Could be too soon to tell, but for the moment, I'm digging it. :) #knockonwood

It's nice to have one tank that holds more than 3.5 ml :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread