Carto life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTechDude

Apr 22, 2010
USA
What's a typical life for a carto? I just started using cartos last week with a Liquinator tank. On day 7 of this carto and maybe 20-24 ml of juice through it. Drew is getting a little stiffer and not as much vapor. Almost like a weak battery but it's not as it felt the same on my freshly charged 18650 this AM. Not lacking in satisfaction, just performance seems to have dropped off a bit. Is this typical life? Can I clean a carto like an atomizer? Should I? Or just let it ride until it drops off too much or dies and use a new one? Thanks!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I've been using the CCV Resurrectors on my REO's for a while now - for me it seems to depend on the juice. I change mine out about once a week - on the one using Halo Menthol Ice, I've probably run 30ml through it in that time. On another, where I most often use a sweeter juice with a high VG content, I've probably only run 6-10 ml through it in that time. By the end of the week, the Halo carto is starting to taste dodgy, while the other one is getting a stiffer draw, probably clogging a bit. Lots of folks clean their cartos using various methods (boiling, etc.) - I toss mine into a "maybe I'll clean these someday" bucket. By the time I'm done with them, the cost per day for a carto is negligible, so I don't worry about it much.

jagstang

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Texas
All depends on the juice you are using. Dark juices and thick ones seem to clog things up faster. I have several of the tanks you mentioned and as long as I keep to a light juice with a low VG ratio I get pretty good life span on LR cartos. If you are using more than 20% then you might want to make additional holes in your cartos to allow it to pass though easier. Another key to long life with these tanks if making sure to keep things moist. Prime the tank often if you are using LR or chain vaping.

Sorry. I should have read what the OP wrote closer but heck it is late and I am sleepy. Maybe what I said will help someone else browsing the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread